Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the first gun you ever owned?

What is the first gun you ever owned?

The first gun I ever owned was a Chinese SKS 7.62 X 39 my dad got it for me for Christmas in 1992.

Like most people their first gun was something given to them by their father. In my case, I'm the first one in the family who grew up and became a gun addict with no family influence. My dad had a single shot shotgun witch he still has, but that was just for putting down an animal on the farm. I never even owned a .22 rifle growing up. My first ever fire arm was a Springfield XD witch i purchased the day i got my CWP, so at age 21 i finally had something i could use to defend my life with.

A Savage single shot, shotgun for hunting.

Mossberg 500 18in. barrel. Bought at age 18 for my high school graduation. Anti-gun family was not too happy. Oh well
    "When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away."

Remington 870 Tactical

Ruger P-85 ... and I still have it.

Benelli nova

Ruger 10/22 many many years ago when I was 12

I had shot guns owned by my father prior to owning my first gun, including a Gov't 1911a1, a Tokarev TT33, S&W hand ejector .38 special revolver, a Ruger Mk I and Bearhawk .22LR, an 8mm Mauser, 7.62x39 SKS, Marlin lever action, Beretta Silver Hawk 12 gauge side-by-side, and others (all inherited, and mine now) but the first weapon I owned, was the one my father bought for me when I was about 14, which was a Marlin model 25 .22LR bolt action, with a very nice leather sling. I still have it to this day. Great little rifle, and very accurate.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

The first gun I ever owned was a Marlin 336 that my Dad got for me for Christmas when I was 15 or 16. It still is one of my favorite rifles. I'm 32 now and it still looks NIB.