Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on Concealed Carry on Campus

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro 54 View Post
    If a teacher or student has the proper training and carry permit, by all means....
    That's how I feel. If properly trained with the legal permit, I think it should be allowed. It should also be made public that the campus is CCW friendly. Like "NOT a gun free zone" signs or something.

The sick bastards that do these mass shootings always do them in gun free zones. They want to inflict the most damage in the shortest amount of time before the 15ish minute response time of law enforcement to arrive. If the shooter didn't know who was or who wasn't carrying, they might rethink even attempting a shooting in the first place. Saving who knows how many ruined lives with just having less nanny state control.

My .02

-Robb

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponsEducation View Post
    I did a video on this, I think all students should have the right to bear arms. Great topic.
    Yes, yet sadly higher education campuses are ironically a hotbed for "progressives" or liberal mentality, which is pretty much saying a "protectionist sheep view of the world."
    I don't really want to get into an argument on politics, but the left wing and the second amendment rarely get along with one another. Heck, where I live, which is an extremely conservative deep South state, it's against state law for someone with a CWP to carry on any educational facility grounds. No daycare, primary or highschool, no college or university campuses.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Personally I think it should be up to the student if he or she want's to CC on campus. But at the same time I think that if a student is going to carry on campus they should be put into a database at they're school so that way if something happens such as another virginia tech the campus pd will know wich student's have guns and eliminate them as a threat or god forbid find out who the shooter is more quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by blindshooter View Post
    Personally I think it should be up to the student if he or she want's to CC on campus. But at the same time I think that if a student is going to carry on campus they should be put into a database at they're school so that way if something happens such as another virginia tech the campus pd will know wich student's have guns and eliminate them as a threat or god forbid find out who the shooter is more quickly.
    The problem with this is, the person set on a killing spree rarely if ever, registers his weapons with law enforcement before conducting the event. People who are law abiding citizens carry concealed for self defense. Criminals don't follow these lovely regulations everybody wants to put in place, rendering those ideas utterly useless. This is exactly why it's impossible to legislate or regulate your way to a safe society.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

I know college campuses are private property BUT most people in college are adults and being it is college they are educated adults so they should be able to carry concealed. They wouldnt worry the hoplophobs this way and if need be they might save some lives being its fairly easy to get on a campus even for crazy people as has been proven in the past. Its better to be alive and maybe save others from injury or death and face the consequences of a school then the alternative. Remember the bad guy dont give a shit about school rules so maybe some good guys should break this one and stay on the down low. Some day educaters just may act like they are educated and this wont be an issue anymore.
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

Thoughts on Concealed Carry on Campus

I've said it before and I'll say it again, an armed society is a polite society