Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Concealed Carry on Campus

Thoughts on Concealed Carry on Campus

I'm not trying to start a debate here but I am curious. What are your views on this subject. Please back your answers and give examples if possible. Being a responsible gun owner, member of AFROTC, and trained on my weapon I feel that I should be allowed to carry my gun on campus.
    "When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away."

Well, this is a touchy, and complicated subject, so I'll throw in the disclaimers here:
    IF, you are leegally allowed to carry on campus, you are of the correct mind-set, and maturity, and have the proper training and responsibility to carry a concealed firearm on campus, I see no problem with doing so. I can't openly condone doing so if it's illegal, but as Nutnfancy has pointed out in his videos, if you're willing to take the risk, and the consequences of being caught (expelled from the college, and arrested, sued, what have you) then by all means, carry. Bury it deep, and make sure nobody ever sees it, notices it, finds it, or knows you carry. This would be the type of situation where a 5 o'clock position with a tuckable IWB holster, or a fanny pack holster would be ideal, so you can tuck in a shirt and never have the weapon even remotely exposed. This is the same way I'd carry in any other sensitive setting, like a public gathering, a movie theater, and so forth, anyway. Ankle, strong side, appendix, are all too vulnerable to printing, or possible uncovering by accident to risk, IMHO.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

^ I Agree 100% with what GlassWolf said. I could not have said it better my self.

My future is far too important too me and for that reason I don't carry at school. Not that I don't want too. Look at the state of Colorado for proof that it does work. I just wanted to get some others POV on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheM4Maniac View Post
    My future is far too important to me and for that reason I don't carry at school. Not that I don't want too. Look at the state of Colorado for proof that it does work. I just wanted to get some others POV on the topic.
    Carrying concealed could, at some point in your life, be the deciding factor as to if you'll have a future, so that's a bit of a two-edged sword there.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Carrying concealed could, at some point in your life, be the deciding factor as to if you'll have a future, so that's a bit of a two-edged sword there.
    Quoted for the truth.

True but the fact that I am studying to be a Federal agent one day, having a felony weapon charge and expulsion for college would, in a sense, end my life.

Quote Originally Posted by TheM4Maniac View Post
    True but the fact that I am studying to be a Federal agent one day, having a felony weapon charge and expulsion for college would, in a sense, end my life.
    Not getting your dream job as a federal agent is by no means the end of ones life. There are other jobs out there that could be an alternative. Yes its not your dream job but that is not death. Now the shooting at Virginia Tech a few yeras back that is what I consider as death ( to the victims of course). So to answer your original thread question, I say carry on but with utmost care that no one would ever discover you are packin. But ultimately I believe the government should not infringe on the rights of its citizen to carry firearms any place they choose to carry for defensive purposes.
    Beati pacifici

I did a video on this, I think all students should have the right to bear arms. Great topic.

If a teacher or student has the proper training and carry permit, by all means....
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - asystem of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40