Thread: Lets see your "J" frame size revolvers

Lets see your "J" frame size revolvers

I have been carrying semi's for a while now and I think it's time for a revolver. I have a few ideas, but I'm not quite sure what I want. Post a picture or just tell about it. It doesn't have to be a Smith. It can be any make. Explain why you like it and how you carry it. Thanks!

My EDC is this Ruger SP101 in .357 magnum. I replaced the factory grips with these Hogue tulipwood grips and I carry it in a Galco combat master holster. I like it because it's just a great gun: tough as nails, completely reliable (has never even thought about a malfunction), deadly accurate, and small enough to carry very comfortably. It's also heavy enough that the recoil is perfectly manageable.

Ruger SP101.jpg
    Last edited by Curnutte; 10-03-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Thanks Curnutte! The SP101 is at the top of my list! Love those grips! keepum coming guys.

Come on guys! I know there are more of you who carry revolvers!

Once I put a Ruger LCR .38spc +P in jail (as we call the idiotic 10 day wait in California) I will take pics of it!

Luckily the range I am buying it from not only has it at a great price...I can shoot it at their range during the waiting period. Numbs the pain of waiting haha.

Already rented one and put a few hundred through it. Once you can figure out and manage the recoil with this featherweight revolver (I believe 13.5 oz) it is a sexy little snubby Amazing trigger. Even if you have no intention of buying one...go fondle one at a local gun store and see if you can get permission to dry fire it. Great staging and clean the whole way.
    Last edited by silverbulletzx3; 10-05-2012 at 06:10 PM.

One of my buddies has one of those. I have wanted to shoot it for a while, but haven't had the chance. I have heard that they have a great trigger also. Did you look at the .357 version also? What made you decide with the 38 spc? That's funny about having to put it in jail ! Haven't heard it put that way before!

I just bought a SW 642 today. I love it. I will post a few pics later. Any suggestions on a good holster would be very helpful.
    "When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away."

If you want to pocket carry it, I've heard Alabama gun holsters are great. Comp Tac is another good one for IWB.