Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help needed please

help needed please

I dont currently own any DAO semiautos and need help selecting between a g23 or a similar model from the XD lineup any help would be appreciated.

Alright, is this going to be strictly a range toy or do you want it for ccw. Also a Glock and XD are not a DAO. They are striker fired.

Primarily for ccw, But also will be used at the range

If you are new to firearms I would recommend a Glock 19. It small enough to conceal easily and large enough to shoot well and the range. I personally like S&W M&P's better, but a Glock is so simple to break down and clean. Changing parts is very easy also. I hope this helps!

I know you've chosen two you like, but you may also want to take a lok at the Walther PPQ, and H&K P30 with LEM trigger, as well.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

get the glock 23. you can buy a 9mm conversion barrel and a 357 sig and you will have 3 guns in one plus they are easy to fix, maintain, parts are dirt cheap and easy to find accessories and holsters. you can train a monkey to totally disassemble a glock and reassemble within minutes.

Between the two you stated the Glock 23 is the better CCW IMO. It's lighter, smaller, and I carry own my self. In spite of my personal bias. I would still choose the 23 over an XD not because it is a better gun, but because i feel it is the better option for your philosophy of use.
    "When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away."

Go 27.... And never look back!

Thanks or the help guys,very helpful info

Go to a range that rents guns and try as many as you can, then go with the one that feels the most comfortable to you and the one you shoot the best.
    Walther PPQ 9mm German
    HK 45 V7 Light LEM German
    Sig P226 9mm W/German JJ
    Sig P232 380 acp Stainless German
    S&W 586 4" 357 Magnum Factory Nickel