Thread: Ruger Mark III 22/45 lite

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ruger Mark III 22/45 lite

Just bought my first hand gun.

Now as you know the nanny state of Canada where the government dose not think that the average Canadian is fit to own a gun makes us take 2 courses just to be able to own a gun.

Now the aspect of Carry is not a consideration.

For me to Own a hand gun ~
    -I need a Safe ( good Idea)
    -(government control papers) Authoritarian to Transport (A.T.T.) To pick up/ to take home/ to take for repair/take to range & plus you have to belong to a club that has Handgun range. On top of that they also have to give their "OK" for me to have a A.T.T. Currently waiting for my Restricted Possession and Acquisition License which allows me own a hand gun. Could be another 30-60 days waiting period. LOL

Sorry for the Rant!

Just joined the Gun club where I have to take another course (good Idea) for responsible use and care and rules of the club.

Now for the reason of the Post~ looking for and was suggested to buy a 22 for learning as a first time handgun owner.
    Did I make a good choice?
    I want to work towards my Black Badge and then towards Is IPSC.

Please love to see what you all & Tom are thinking about the decision.

Neetan
    Last edited by Neetan; 10-03-2012 at 06:45 AM.

The 22/45 is a good choice it has similar ergonomics to a 1911, it is a fun little gun and ammo is cheap.

A 22 is always a good idea. You might want to take a look at the GSG 1911 also as it is the same gun (except for the logo) but may save you a few $$$s but then maybe not.

I only have the Mark IV Hunter to compare but it is a very fine piece and a lot of fun to shoot. Difficult to take down and reassemble but that is not necessary after every shooting. Some owners don't ever break it down and they seem to work fine. The Hunter has very good sights and is easy to zero. The gun is very reliable and shoots a wide range of different ammo without issue. Haven't tried an optic yet, that might be fun to try.

Good luck.

Nice gun. I have an original Mk I that I really love.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

it sucks that you have to do all that crap just to be able to own a gun. Im sure that we at the states will be having to do something similar in the near future!!!

You can never go wrong with a 22. Great to practice learning trigger control and ammo is so cheap, you can shoot all day!

That gun is hard to disassemble, sorry. I need to do a video on disassemble, in general, as it can turn your stomach if you are not having fun cleaning it...

It is a pain and unless you do it all the time, you forget and end up having the same issues. Once you do it a few times in a row its okay, but then if you leave it for a while (especially if you have a memory like a budgie like I have) and then try, you go back to square one, contorting the gun in all angles trying to remember the simple way you used to do it..................