Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Springfield XDs or Compact 1911

I am a huge 1911 fan, but I would still go with the XDs. I carried a FS 1911 for a few years and over time I found I started carrying it less and less. In a good IWB holster its not bad, but having a lighter gun is even better. The XDs is the perfect size! You can carry it all day long and not really no its there. Plus it still is a 45 acp !

^ thats what made me get an xds. I found my self carrying the 1911 a lot less and i knew that had to change!!!

Of course the ultimate choice is yours but i happen to carry an XDs and I do own a kimber eclipse pro 2 (ok maybe not the kimber you have in mind) but I preffered to go XDs because it conceal on me better and its lighter than most 1911 full metal frames. Dont get me wrong kimbers are awesome and i love them but if carrying option is your concern XDs is the better choice in my opinion.
    Beati pacifici

Both are Great. I've got an XD and think it's a very good CC gun especially for the price...the Kimber is sweet though. Damn I don't know get both

Not sure which would be better since I've never even held an XDs yet. I know I don't care for the 5+1 capacity for the .45 version, but I guess if you hit what your pointing at with it, it'll be enough. I say "pointing at" instead of aiming because your most likely not going to have the time to relax, take a deep breath, let it out, align your sites on target and slowly squeese the trigger all while dodging the incoming rounds.

both would be nice. The XDS will be easier to carry! smaller / lighter

Be aware that a lot of people find compact 1911s to be pretty unreliable in regards to sustained performance in tactical settings like training classes.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein