Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield XDs or Compact 1911

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Springfield XDs or Compact 1911

I am really looking into getting a nice carry gun and I have it narrowed down to the XDs or a compact 1911, specifically a Kimber ultra. Each have their pros and cons and both are amazing weapons. What do you think would be a better carry option. I like both but I don't know how to choose between the two.
    "When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away."

How do you shoot them? I have the Ultra and love it, tried the XDs at the range and found the grip a bit small for me, nice gun, but loved the Kimber, I find like cars there are a lot of choices but you will know when you find the right one.

I have extremely small hands and can fit a full grip on the XDs. Heck I can almost get a full grip on an LCP. So grip size isn't really going to affect my decision. Unfortunately I don't know anyone with either of these guns so shooting them isn't an option. I have held both and love both. They are amazing. I just don't know how to make a choice. I am thankful for any insight and I know you guys would love to see what I eventually pick but it'l probably be a month or two before the purchase. It will give me some time to really think about it. It sucks being a poor college student.

Don't choose...get both!

Either one is a fantastic choice.

I like the XDm's for magzine capacity over the 1911's, but both are fine choices. I suggest going to the range and see which you shoot the best with and carry that one.

Sorry if there is any confusion the two guns I am talking about are the Springfield XD(s) the single stack .45 and any small frame 1911, but in particular a Kimber Ultra. In this case the 1911 has the better capacity with a flush mag.

I have both and the xds is easier to conceal and more comfortable to conceal but I shoot the kimber much better

Not sure which would be better since I've never even held an XDs yet. I know I don't care for the 5+1 capacity for the .45 version, but I guess if you hit what your pointing at with it, it'll be enough. I say "pointing at" instead of aiming because your most likely not going to have the time to relax, take a deep breath, let it out, align your sites on target and slowly squeese the trigger all while dodging the incoming rounds.

Just bought an XDs and its a lot lighter then the kimber ultra carry. Ether choice would be great, but like norahc said get both!!!

Cant go wrong with either for sure. I like the capacity on the XD and to be honest at like striker fired triggers.