Thread: New Frontier

New Frontier

I just purchased my first fully polymer AR complete lower. I had in the past fingered a Plum Crazy lower and was not that impressed, however, this New Frontier feels much more rigid. It is made in USA and has a lifetime guarantee. I am probably going to be buying a 300 AAC upper for this lower.

Any thoughts on the New Frontier polymer?

I have no personal experience with the polymer lower. I have heard lots of good things about it though. Also, have heard that PMAG's can be iffy on it.

THE 300 has a noticeable amount of recoil compared to the 223 especially when loaded with 150 gr. or heavier projectiles. Have looked at the new frontier polymer lower and if I remember right it says not to use with heavier calibers.My 300 has a new frontier aluminum lower and have been very pleased with it.Keep us posted and let us know how the project is going.

I don't quite understand these polymer lowers - everyone I've seen just looks....cheap (which they are), but really in all my AR builds, the lower is the cheapest part anyway. The barrel/bolt is usually where the money is in a quality AR build, so saving a few bucks on the lower doesn't make sense to me.

However, I suppose there is a market for them as they seem to sell well.

I think its all about lightweight.I dont know whats happening to everyone these days.Theyre all going light and always trying to reduce recoil. I myself would rather have a heavy gun because you know you have some beef from that weight. As far as recoil goes , isnt that part of the fun? It is for me.