Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to firearms and need your help!

New to firearms and need your help!

Hi Folks,

I have just received my firearms license and am looking to pick up a fire arm. I have been looking at 1911's along with the 92fs and cz 75B. Would love to hear your feedback.

thanks!

What will it be used for primarily? Have you shot all three?

For the range and fondling mostly. I have shot a 1911 and loved it!!

All three would be a good choice, but I'd go with a 1911. Greatest platform ever made.

Yes, but which one?!

Out of those three I would go with a nice 1911? Being mostly a range gun, size and weight won't matter that much but narrowing it down to a 1911 is the easy part. What kind do you want? What's your budget. Personally I love the Kimber Raptor series, but that's not cheap. Which is why I don't have one.

If you're on a budget, A buddy of mine has a Para and it is very nice and reliable. I have also heard very good things from Rock Island Armory, and where I'm from you can pick one of those up for around $550 or less if you look around.
    "When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away."

$1500 budget and do not mind going used. In Canada, you can get very little with $550 :P.

Springfield armory, sig sauer, or colt can't go wrong with any of these. And they are less then $1,500 depending what one you choose. And they are excellent quality.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyr121 View Post
    Because you have $1500.00, don't let it burn through your pocket. Buying a first pistol can be costly and then accessories. Holster, gun belt, ammo, cleaning supplies, lock box etc. Have you ever fired a .45? If not, start off with a good 9mm. (Ruger SR9C). Affordable and sturdy. If it's priced high where you live, try to buy on line.
    www.Budsgunshop.com
    I have fired a .45, and a few 9mm's. To date, .45 has always been my favorite.. hence my screen name! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyr121 View Post
    Because you never carried before, you'll find that the wqeapon wears on you you if it's to heavy. As for a .45 a Glock 30sf could be perfect for you.
    Sadly, concealed carry is illegal here in every part of Canada . This will be a range toy!