Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to firearms and need your help!

Like i said before, size and weight shouldn't be a concern because you won't be carrying it. .45 is a great round and you shouldn't be afraid of it. the round will be very manageable especially if you get a full size 1911. With that pice range I would look into a nice Kimber or a good Springfield and some good Wilson Combat mags, and as much ammo as you can buy. Remember an expensive gun is cool but not if you can't buy any ammo b/c the gun is too much.

Here are two of my favs
    http://www.impactguns.com/kimber-sta...278321486.aspx

http://www.impactguns.com/springfiel...397872212.aspx
    "When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by TheM4Maniac View Post
    Like i said before, size and weight shouldn't be a concern because you won't be carrying it. .45 is a great round and you shouldn't be afraid of it. the round will be very manageable especially if you get a full size 1911. With that pice range I would look into a nice Kimber or a good Springfield and some good Wilson Combat mags, and as much ammo as you can buy. Remember an expensive gun is cool but not if you can't buy any ammo b/c the gun is too much.

Here are two of my favs
    http://www.impactguns.com/kimber-sta...278321486.aspx

http://www.impactguns.com/springfiel...397872212.aspx
    Thanks man, appreciate it. Springfield is at the top of my list at the moment. I've actually contacted a fellow who is selling one very similar to what you showed me used.

I have to agree with everyone on the 1911. since it's just going to be a range gun and weight doesn't matter, it may as well be one designed by the best gun designer to have ever lived.

Quote Originally Posted by iBawl45 View Post
    Sadly, concealed carry is illegal here in every part of Canada . This will be a range toy!
    Technecally thats not true. However the CFO's requirements for a concealed permet makes it nearly impossible to aquire one. In 2011 a total of 17 permets were issued in all of Canada.

check out my channel, I was new this year as well! https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTacD...ow=grid&view=0

Just buy a glock. They're great first guns. Easy to disassemble, clean, and maintain. And will eat almost anything you feed it.
    A 1911 that works properly is just as rare as a glock that doesn't.

Can't go wrong with a G17 or G19.
    "They want their guns. They want low taxes. That's it."

-Charlie Wilson

.45 is my favorite also! I would stick with Springfield, Kimber, or S&W. I agree with Phillyr121 about starting out with a less expensive model. The initial investment is one thing, but all the accessories is another. Kimber makes the custom II model that is a great starter 1911. It has most of the upgrades that you would want and its well under a $1000.

Beretta 92SF was my first gun. Shoots great, thousands of rounds and never a problem and is very accurate. I also like my Springfield 1911, but you know what they say about your first...

Hey welcome to the firearms community! If your just starting out my opinion is your going to want to start out with a 9mm. There pretty cheap for the most part and there also good to train on. I own a kahr k9 myself and she handle's really well. The 1911 is a good gun to get but they'll cost you alot of money the lowest price I've seen on them is $1.300! In the end though it's up to you really your going to have to find out what fits best in your hands and how much you want to spend on your guns. Good luck

+1 for 1911 here. If you are on the budget like what the other reply says Rock Island is a good choice, even look for those Metro Arms 1911s really nice well built. Now if you have some mullah to burn Kimbers, Wilson Combat are really nice as well. enjoy your new hobby/addiction cheers.
    Beati pacifici