Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig P238

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sig P238

I bought my wife a 238 for her carry gun. My carry now is a big .38 revolver and I'm contemplating 'transitioning' to a semi-auto. Sig 229 is my first choice with 938 or Walther PPQ as alternatives.

I'm 'breaking in' my wife's 238 and really like it. I'm a little concerned about the SAO trigger for carry after all these years with a revolver. Any suggestions?

My daily carry is a sig p229 and i loveit.Dont worry about the transition its a fairly easy one to make...Good luck

A sig p229 is a excellent reliable gun but it is a lot bigger and heavier than most 38 revolvers I don't know what one you have. The p229 is not the best concealed carry gun in my opinion. There are alot of choices that are reliable and more comfortable to carry.

I have a 229 and its a very reliable gun, however it can be difficult to conceal it is a heavy and thick gun, in winter with a a coat or sweater its not such a problem, however I find, and this is my own view, that if I'm going to carry a rather large gun then I prefer to carry one of my 1911's

I'm going to have to go compare the Walther PPQ and the Sig 229. Just curious as to size difference now. Thanks for the input.

I dont want to put you off I love my Sig Scorpion carry, and carry it in the winter. I also love my MK25 however personally I feel there are better carry options especially in summer lighter, thinner, etc.

I've had a Sig P238 for about 2 years now. Living here in south Florida (shorts and tee shirt weather) it has become my primary EDC gun. I carry it either in a Remora or Rhino holster. The P238 is also loads of fun at the range. It's no different than carrying a 1911 cocked and locked, only a lot smaller.

I bought the p238 with the intention of being my summer CCW, but it has become my primary; it does have the Sig laser on it. I use a Remora holster.

How have you found the factory trigger pull? I purchased a P238 Sport w/ Hogue Grip for my wife. She is not so impressed with the P238, entirely due to the amount of force required to pull the trigger. I believe the factory setting is around 7lbs? Other P238 owners tell me, I just need to put approximately 1000 rounds thru the weapon, or make that many trigger pulls... this seems quite extreme to me, to loosen the pull... I looked at changing the trigger set, but like most things 'gun' today ~ everything I can find advertised is sold out... anyone have any opinion or advice?? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy_Git View Post
    How have you found the factory trigger pull? I purchased a P238 Sport w/ Hogue Grip for my wife. She is not so impressed with the P238, entirely due to the amount of force required to pull the trigger. I believe the factory setting is around 7lbs? Other P238 owners tell me, I just need to put approximately 1000 rounds thru the weapon, or make that many trigger pulls... this seems quite extreme to me, to loosen the pull... I looked at changing the trigger set, but like most things 'gun' today ~ everything I can find advertised is sold out... anyone have any opinion or advice?? Thanks!
    Bro, just work on your trigger control and dry fire it every day for about 20 min. for a month and it'll loosen that trigger up and smooth it out.
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager