Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Stag 8 Piston AR

My Stag 8 Piston AR

The purpose of this rifle is primarily Home Defense, plinking, and God forbid SHTF

My Stag Arms Model 8 Piston AR specs:

-Hogue Monogrip
    -Magpul MOE carbine length handguard
    -Magpul RVG vertical grip
    -Magpul CTR buttstock
    -Magpul PMAG's (6) with ranger plates and UBBT (ultimate bullet button tool. I live in the sad state of California and need a bullet button to own this rifle legally)
    -DPMS Levang muzzle brake (directs the sound and concussion forward, instead of bouncing it off the walls of say, a hallway in home defense)
    -2012 models come with Diamondhead Diamond shaped flip up sights. Amazing sights, I like them better than the regular ghost rings
    -1400 through her and no sign of carrier tilt, no malfunctions. 100% good to go rifle!

I just ordered a Magpul ASAP with a 1-point sling. Next paycheck I will be adding a Vortex Strikefire red dot sight.

-Robb
    Last edited by silverbulletzx3; 10-02-2012 at 02:34 AM.

Do you have to have a "bullet button" or has that changed in Kali?

Yes and no. To not have a bullet button your rifle needs to NOT have the following in Kali:

-Pistol grip
    -Collapsible stock
    -Foregrip (Magpul AFG is iffy)
    -Flash hider

When you make your rifle not have these things, you can run it with a regular magazine release and can have standard capacity magazines (30 rounders instead of 10 rounders).

The rifle will look something like this one in this thread (not my rifle):

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=625733

If your rifle has any of the features listed above, you need a bullet button. If you have a Mini 14, and have a flash hider...it will be considered an assault rifle. Needless to say, it sucks here.

For those who don't know, a bullet button replaces the standard magazine release. Making the user require a tool or the tip of a bullet to release the magazine. The dingbats in San Francisco consider a rifle with the above features, an assault weapon. Which is ridiculous since, a "featureless" rifle can kill an individual just as well as one with all of the "evil features."

Kind of overkill since (forgot the exact number) roughly 2% of violent crimes involve a rifle. Even then, the bad guys don't abide by the laws anyways.
    Last edited by silverbulletzx3; 10-02-2012 at 02:39 AM.

I live in Oregon And I'm really happy that we don't have that kinda crap here.
    I feel for you I really do...
    Last edited by 1911-G23; 10-02-2012 at 03:01 AM.

I used to live in Washington, and a few other states, but after the Army, I moved home (cali) to take care of my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbulletzx3 View Post
    Yes and no. To not have a bullet button your rifle needs to NOT have the following in Kali:

-Pistol grip
    -Collapsible stock
    -Foregrip (Magpul AFG is iffy)
    -Flash hider

When you make your rifle not have these things, you can run it with a regular magazine release and can have standard capacity magazines (30 rounders instead of 10 rounders).

The rifle will look something like this one in this thread (not my rifle):

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=625733

If your rifle has any of the features listed above, you need a bullet button. If you have a Mini 14, and have a flash hider...it will be considered an assault rifle. Needless to say, it sucks here.

For those who don't know, a bullet button replaces the standard magazine release. Making the user require a tool or the tip of a bullet to release the magazine. The dingbats in San Francisco consider a rifle with the above features, an assault weapon. Which is ridiculous since, a "featureless" rifle can kill an individual just as well as one with all of the "evil features."

Kind of overkill since (forgot the exact number) roughly 2% of violent crimes involve a rifle. Even then, the bad guys don't abide by the laws anyways.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911-G23 View Post
    I live in Oregon And I'm really happy that we don't have that kinda crap here.
    I feel for you I really do...
    If Obama gets re-elected we're all gonna feel the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Fieldstone View Post
    If Obama gets re-elected we're all gonna feel the pain.
    QFT

They were already in the works for a nation wide 10 round magazine capacity. I believe it got shot down recently. I am never one of those pompous fools that go "California paves the way for the rest of the nation". Far from it. He and Feinstein are already trying to re-instate the Assault Weapon Ban.

ON TOP OF THAT, Obama gets to elect new supreme court justices (who will obviously be liberal and most likely not constitutionalists). Who can make asinine laws that can be effecting us LONG AFTER Obama has done his full 8 years if re-elected.

Just sayin'

-Robb

Quote Originally Posted by warvet View Post
    Thanks for the clarification.

Anytime. Alot of good people here in California (me included) just fought a huge grassroots fight against SB249. Pretty much making anyone owning an AR-15 or AK variant with a bullet button felons overnight. They were to either turn in their rifle with NO COMPENSATION (against 5th amendment) or modify their rifle to not have any evil features (costing the owner money) to keep their rifle.

Heck the writer of the bill (San Fran Senator Leland Yee) blocked me on twitter due to me asking hard questions in a professional manner and laying out the true facts in the same way for him. He couldn't take the truth. He blocked alot of people.

Doing this has helped me get versed in the insane gun laws in Kalifornia very quickly. Which are very confusing. So confusing, LEO's have to have a "gun flowchart" made by California gun owners that they have to go through just to see if what you have is legal!

Here is a link to the PDF of the flowchart. Made by folks on calguns.net that LEO's are now carrying:

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Enough to make your head spin, but that's how the laws are laid out. And this is ONLY for Long rifles/possible assault weapons.
    Last edited by silverbulletzx3; 10-05-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbulletzx3 View Post
    QFT

They were already in the works for a nation wide 10 round magazine capacity. I believe it got shot down recently. I am never one of those pompous fools that go "California paves the way for the rest of the nation". Far from it. He and Feinstein are already trying to re-instate the Assault Weapon Ban.

-Robb
    Exactly the reason why im stocking up on a few guns and 30 round mags.