Thread: Design your dream blade

Design your dream blade

Ok here is a new idea...What is your dream knife design that no one is making?

I want a Murray Carter white steel core surrounded by stainless steel That is 63-65 RC
    I would then put that in an RJ Martin Flipper with Roller Thrust bearings and a flipper I would have a low friction Ceramic ball detent
    I would have Kyley Harris put a Convex Grind on it...Then have Murrary hand hone the final edge to perfection.
    I would have Jens Anso Pimp out the scales with his crazy G-10 texturing
    Then I would have Randy Doucette jewel the titanium liners and anodize them
    I would have Rick Hinderer put his perfect liner lock on it with stabilizer.
    Then I would have Nutnfancy design the "jimpling" and pocket clip lol

Quote Originally Posted by pennfootball View Post
    Then I would have Nutnfancy design the "jimpling" and pocket clip lol
    I guess I haven't seen that video. What is jimpling?

For starters I would take the CRKT Ultima and use a better non-reflective finish on the blade and design it a brand new sheath(Slightly higher quality but not so over-engineered).

Jimping is the ruff dimples milled out at the top of the blade for traction. If they are too sharp they hurt your thumb...If they are not sharp enough you have little traction there. Most custom knife makers can also do file work there as well for traction. The problem is that it can get in the way on a bushcrft style blade for working outdoors in the wood...So different knives need different styles of it just like different knives need different cutting geometries.

I would like to have a ZT 560 with axis lock and no steel liners. Cayote brown G10 for handle scales, and S30V steel!!! Love the blade shape so i would just leave it alone, maybe some better gimping like the spydercos!!!