Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H&K P30 & P30L DA/SA and LEM model handguns

Take her to a gun shop that has a P30 in stock. Put it in her hand.

That should be the end of it right there. I did this with a friend of mine who was trying to talk me into an M&P. He shut up the moment he held the P30, and now wants one, too. They're love at first grip with the right backstrap and plates in place for her hand. Have her hold it, rack the slide, try the slide lock, and mag release.. the ergonomics are fantastic, and the recoil system on it is great. It's a very soft shooter. The 40 feels like a typical 9, and the 9.. well.. it's like an airgun, IMHO. H&K has no other gun that can really be compared to it in terms of both feel and function. I was looking at a P200 when I met the P30. I forgot the P2000 existed 5 seconds after I picked up the P30.

The one gun that is a good comparison in my opinion, is the Walther PPQ. I own both of these now. The P30 with a full Bill Springfield trigger job, Trijicon yellow/green night sights, and a Lasermax Uni-Green laser, and the PPQ with a Sprinco recoil management system and the same green/yellow Trij sights. I love them both.

PS My P30 is the variant 3 trigger (DA/SA)
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Received my new P30SK today and really excited to have a range day this weekend :-)
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Found out the P2000SK 9mm mag with a pinky rest would work in the P30SK "which they haven't come out with that feature yet". With only a minor modification to the base plate, I've found works really well and I can get a much better grip on it. Easy Fix!
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-