Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: H&K P30 & P30L DA/SA and LEM model handguns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Member GlassWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    283

    H&K P30 & P30L DA/SA and LEM model handguns

    Any P30 love here? I've begun using this as my primary carry piece, and really enjoy it. I've been giving some thought to a threaded barrel and supressor for it as well, for use at the range, and for home defense.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    13
    I have been carrying my P30 v3 9mm for over 3 1/2 years now, it is my Favorite gun, and the best polymer 9mm on the market ! Just got the HK 45 for home Defense. if you like the P30 you will also like The Hk 45. To me HK rules!!!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zgar View Post
    I have been carrying my P30 v3 9mm for over 3 1/2 years now, it is my Favorite gun, and the best polymer 9mm on the market ! Just got the HK 45 for home Defense. if you like the P30 you will also like The Hk 45. To me HK rules!!!
    I'd have to agree with you on that. Being a fairly new HK45 owner...900 + rds later and not a hiccup. Spot on accurate to boot. I'm loving it and thinking about the HK45 compact now.

  4. #4
    I love my P30, but I'm not a fan of SA/DA pistols, especially for carry - so its mainly a range toy. Also, the grip wears my side out when I carry it IWB.

    Ergonomics are great, everyone of my friends thats held it loves it. Can't say I blame them.

  5. #5
    Senior Member GlassWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by SBD View Post
    I love my P30, but I'm not a fan of SA/DA pistols, especially for carry - so its mainly a range toy. Also, the grip wears my side out when I carry it IWB.

    Ergonomics are great, everyone of my friends thats held it loves it. Can't say I blame them.
    try triggerwork.com Bill does an amazing job on triggers for the P30. takes the slack out, lowers pull weight, and shortens the reset as well as improves accuracy of the firearm depending on the work you have done by him. As for the wear, have you considered an IWB holster with a sweat/body shield so the handle doesn't rub as much?
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    try triggerwork.com Bill does an amazing job on triggers for the P30. takes the slack out, lowers pull weight, and shortens the reset as well as improves accuracy of the firearm depending on the work you have done by him. As for the wear, have you considered an IWB holster with a sweat/body shield so the handle doesn't rub as much?
    Well....its not so much the pull weight, its the action type. Ideally I'd want an LEM trigger as I don't like the different pull weights between the 1st and 2nd shot.

    I'm pretty happy where my P30 falls (fun/range toy), typically carry a glock.

  7. #7
    Senior Member GlassWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    283
    Well, if you do decide to lighten the trigger pull on the P30 LEM, it's very simple to convert it from a Var 2, to a Var 1, by replacing two springs you can buy from HKparts, for a total of about $17. If I recall correctly, you'd reduce the pull by about 1.5 lbs
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    Robert A. Heinlein

  8. #8
    Love my HK 45 with the light LEM. As far as the P 30 in 9mm, I have never fired a P30, have handled one before, it felt ok in my hand, would like to fire one to give it a fair review. So I do own a PPQ in 9mm and feel you should give it a good look. Sweet trigger and great ergo's. So far it has been flawless with several types of ammo. Round count is 500.
    Last edited by Acmagnum; 10-12-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    Walther PPQ 9mm German
    HK 45 V7 Light LEM German
    Sig P226 9mm W/German JJ
    Sig P232 380 acp Stainless German
    S&W 586 4" 357 Magnum Factory Nickel

  9. #9
    I am putting up an HK video on Sat night. HK equals quality is the name...

  10. #10
    Senior Member MP Gunther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    263
    I usually carry my P2000. I'm trying to talk my wife into getting a P30. Can anyone help me make my case?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •