Thread: 91/30 Scope Mount?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

91/30 Scope Mount?

I am looking for a good scope mount for my Mosin Nagant, but I don't want to have to cut my bolt lever to make room for it. I have seen some videos of some bolt on mounts, but I am not sure where to find them. Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Chris Krabbe

Seems as though most of the mounts come with new bolt handles.

Quote Originally Posted by Fieldstone View Post
    Seems as though most of the mounts come with new bolt handles.
    I would like either a forward mounted scope or one, like you said, that has a new bolt/handle included. I don't want to do any cutting or modifying to the current bolt. I don't mind chopping the stock a bit, but I would like to keep the bolt as is if possible. Being that it was only $100 I do not want to spend more money on it than the gun is actually worth. It would just be nice to have something nicer than the stock iron sights

the gun is worth what it's worth to you I see it as a cheap 30-06 and worth a few bucks investment I have 2 M38s both shot horribly until I bedded the action on one now it's a great shooter someday I'll do a video on it when I can find the time but this M38 I'd take hunting with iron sights!

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgunsmith View Post
    the gun is worth what it's worth to you I see it as a cheap 30-06 and worth a few bucks investment I have 2 M38s both shot horribly until I bedded the action on one now it's a great shooter someday I'll do a video on it when I can find the time but this M38 I'd take hunting with iron sights!
    I looked at it as a cheap, larger caliber, alternative for a first rifle. I have shot many rifles before that, but as far as buying one personally I wanted to go with a larger caliber than the standard/average .22LR. It would be nice to have a somewhat decent scope on the 91/30, but I will say the iron sights aren't too bad. Mine are probably a bit out of line, but that could also be my bad shooting lol not sure quite yet. Sometimes I can shoot spot on with it and others I can't hit a thing.

Check out brassstacker.com best scout style mount plus you can still use iron sights.
    look up the NeverEnuffAmmo youtube channel for his mosin sporterizing videos, where to get the best bent mosin bolt, and an easy $0.05 trigger job.
    Last edited by YoungWeaponsExpert; 10-10-2012 at 10:20 AM.

91/30 Scope Mount

I am looking for a scope mount for my 91/30 and was wondering if anyone could give me some recomendations on any. I definantly want it to be a non-permanent one that i could remove from the gun and convert it back to original condition.

Go to blog