Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What is your stance on the 2nd Amendment. Do you think we need some gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Yes, because I have a friend to whom this has happened. When he was 16 or 17, he used another person's credit card to run up a bill buying some stuff and got caught. (My own sister was caught doing this with her roommate's card in college.. her "rebellious streak" before she went on to get her PhD in Phys Therapy) Now here's the kicker. The owner of the card turned my friend into the Secret Service for "mail fraud) (items were sent to his house) as well as illegal use of the card, which made it a Federal case, and he was tried as an adult, and convicted. He's now in his 40s, and has a wife and kids, and it seems like a lifetime ago. He did at one point, have his record expunged as you'd mentioned. He's now a productive, middle class employee for a big company, and lives his life as a normal citizen. In his case, the record was wipred so he could get a job without "felon" being on the resume and application. I do believe this action is a reasonable one.
    I totally agree bro. Im trying to get others opinions about it like yours. We cant blanket all felonies as the same type crime. Self protection is all too important to let someone lose over a bad choice as a young goof ball. As people grow up and learn (it takes some of us longer) they should be given the chance to prove themselves.
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

just about 100 years ago,we in america pretty much took off our guns and hung them on the wall.not foregoing people out west where there was still maybe a need,but with leo being pretty much established we quit carrying. back to the future.we have gone back to carrying guns.except now we not only have the perverts out there,why??because the government decided killing the killers was inhumane.but we now have to be armed against an out of control police force who have openly declared war on law abiding citizens.we are now considered the terrorists.white or conservative(any color) like ron paul,followers of Jesus Christ,have more than a weeks supply of food or more than 2 boxes of ammo and worst of all believe in our Constitution and bill of rights.we are heading for a shooting war.in fact it could start this tues the 6th of nov 2012 they also have managed to isolate most of our troops deployed all over the world,so they won't be able to help us.carter, reagan,bush sr, clinton(both), bush jr ,and now either obama or romney.both of which are black widow spiders.no pun intended.they have been building up to this at least since the end of ww2.they also think it might be a walk in the park.with nato and possibly chinese it could be.but with a lot of viet nam vets still able to operate tanks planes and all military weapons it just might not go as easy as these lunatics think.they will false flag,kill internet,tv phones etc as much as possible to keep us in the dark.but we are not afgans or iraq's we are americans.we used to be the most courageous bunch of patriots i have had the privilege to live out my life with.but no more.there are others who love freedom like the Israelies australians canadians etc.but britain and the other two mentioned, already let their guns be stolen.in these same hundred years we watched germany twice cause the death of literally millions,pol pot in cambodia,stalin in russia idi amin in uganda.they all first disarmed the people and then wholesale murdered somewhere around 150 million humans.i think its probably more like 300 million but whos counting.an old saying goes like this.---first they came for the Jews and i said nothing,then they came for the old,the maimed the mentally ill ,homosexuals and i said nothing.then they came for all the dissidents who objected.again i said nothing----THEN THEY CAME FOR ME and there was no one left to say anything too.lock & load patiots its going to be a wild ride
    Last edited by jerry48; 11-04-2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

My stance is pretty simple to explain..."What part of 'shall not be infringed' is difficult to understand?"

As far as the laws and gun control go, how about we stop trying to legislate an inanimate object and start legislating the people using them? Or better yet, hold them responsible for their actions.
    "Some battles are fought for principle and some battles are fought for dollars. When you fight for principles you fight until hell freezes over and then you fight on the ice." - Spokane Councilman Steve Salvatori

I love the 2nd amendment! The only thing that needs to change is people complaining about it. If they don't like the fact that we americans are allowed to own guns then they need to get out of our country. Last I checked we don't stop people from leaveing this country just comeing in.

1-I have respect for Cops, but they can't be there fast enough. For the most part they are the clean up crew.
    2-gun laws only affect law abiding people, by definition criminals do not care about laws.
    3-when the SHTF let's see if the gun grabbers want me to protect them. I will, that's the reason I have guns. To protect those I love and those that are either to weak or stupid to protect themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwap_Evile View Post
    The obvious problem with gun control laws is that they only affect law abiding citizens not criminals
    This is the smartest comment in the whole thread. You are 100% right sir!
    An effective militia is autorized and contemplated by the constitution and required
    by the spirit and safety of free government.
    James Madison

My stance is look at enforcing the current laws before introducing new ones. As far as the 2A is concerned no compromise no surrender.

I will say most of the gun laws they want to pass are already in to law and the only thing they are doing is wasting our tax money. I feel the gun laws should not be bothered with and leave us law abiding citizens alone so we can protect our selves. That is the I feel about it.

Florida had a problem. There were too many criminals who took whatever they wanted whereever they wanted. It was the same problem that many other states were having. Some states decided that guns were the problem so they passed laws to ban guns for everybody. The law abiding citizens no longer had guns but the criminals being criminals never relinguished their guns. So all the ban did was make honest citizens easier victims and criminals felt much safer in their endeavors. Florida took a different approach. They let their law abiding citizens have the opportunity to protect themselves. After a background check to prove their worthiness they were allowed to carry a concealed weapon. What was the criminal response? They began sueing the people who they attacked for defending themselves. So Florida passed a Stand Your Ground Law. What has been the outcome? The crime rate in Florida has plunged. No not everyone in Florida "packs heat" but enough do that the criminals no longer feel that they can go about their criminal endeavors with impunity. Are there some drawbacks to the Stand Your Ground Laws? No, not really but there are some defense lawyers who incorrectly try to use it to cover their clients criminal actions. Actions that have nothing to do with Stand Your Ground legislation.These are the examples that antigun proponents like to cite. What they do not like to cite is that these lawyers are seldom successful in applying this law for their client.
    We are now in the midst of a huge gun debate in this country. Each side is positive that they are right. Each side has certain points which are valid. The problem is that this is considered a political problem when in fact it is a social problem. It will never be solved unless the politics are removed. I am a democrat and most people would label me as a liberal. To my republican friends I would like to assure them that there are many democrats like me who staunchly believe in the second amendment. We do not want to take guns away from law abiding citizens. On the other hand there are many republicans who realize that some changes could be made for the good when it comes to ownership of guns. The extremists on each side get all the publicity. If you do not acknowledge extremism in your party then you are definitely part of the problem. The lobbying groups from both sides spread lies and misinformation in order to promote their agenda. It is time to take politics out of this equation and let us move forward to a better America.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadAl View Post
    We are now in the midst of a huge gun debate in this country. Each side is positive that they are right. Each side has certain points which are valid. The problem is that this is considered a political problem when in fact it is a social problem. It will never be solved unless the politics are removed. I am a democrat and most people would label me as a liberal. To my republican friends I would like to assure them that there are many democrats like me who staunchly believe in the second amendment. We do not want to take guns away from law abiding citizens. On the other hand there are many republicans who realize that some changes could be made for the good when it comes to ownership of guns. The extremists on each side get all the publicity. If you do not acknowledge extremism in your party then you are definitely part of the problem. The lobbying groups from both sides spread lies and misinformation in order to promote their agenda. It is time to take politics out of this equation and let us move forward to a better America.
    Nice post.

The problem with the idea of "common sense approach" is while it sounds good, is it constitutional?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

No where does it say the Government has a right to pick and choose what I can or cannot own or the number of rounds in such weapon (shall not be infringed). We hear the politicians say they're not taking away your right to hunt yet the isn't what the 2nd Amendment is saying, the word "hunt" doesn't exist.

I can't carry a gun in Chicago yet is clearly states that I should be allowed (the right to bear is infringed). They don't want me to buy an AR (hate that term) rifle yet it states I can (right to keep is infringed).

There are parts of the constitution that many people don't like. Just because something "seems" right doesn't make it constitutional. We live by this document, the good of the document and also that bad of the document.

When I read the document it reads to me that I should be allowed to purchase any gun that our Government can purchase. ANY GUN. I'm glad the NRA has a no exception rules on gun control. Where am I wrong?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.