Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
Yes, because I have a friend to whom this has happened. When he was 16 or 17, he used another person's credit card to run up a bill buying some stuff and got caught. (My own sister was caught doing this with her roommate's card in college.. her "rebellious streak" before she went on to get her PhD in Phys Therapy) Now here's the kicker. The owner of the card turned my friend into the Secret Service for "mail fraud) (items were sent to his house) as well as illegal use of the card, which made it a Federal case, and he was tried as an adult, and convicted. He's now in his 40s, and has a wife and kids, and it seems like a lifetime ago. He did at one point, have his record expunged as you'd mentioned. He's now a productive, middle class employee for a big company, and lives his life as a normal citizen. In his case, the record was wipred so he could get a job without "felon" being on the resume and application. I do believe this action is a reasonable one.
I totally agree bro. Im trying to get others opinions about it like yours. We cant blanket all felonies as the same type crime. Self protection is all too important to let someone lose over a bad choice as a young goof ball. As people grow up and learn (it takes some of us longer) they should be given the chance to prove themselves.