Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My friend just shot his Kimber this weekend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My friend just shot his Kimber this weekend

Regardless of my user name, I do like to shoot all types of guns. My friend just got his Kimber Super Carry Pro HD this week and on Sunday we ran through 300 rounds with a few failures to feed. We were using Blazer Aluminum and Lawman ammo. Should he wait and see what happens after the 500 round break-in or should he get his feed ramp worked? Any suggestions would be grateful.

I have the same gun, i have shot 800 rounds pluss with no problems. Try using different ammo. If you have any more problems send it back to kimber or have your local smith look at it.

Try a different mag

I ran remington and winchester white box through the whole break in with four ftfs.But zero failures since the break in period,Using chip mckormack power mags

I would recommend a different magazine if using the stock Kimber and also try using different ammo.I have a Kimber TLE 2 and use wilson 47d's but i also have only used wwb.But i have not had any problems yet after a few hundred rounds.

On my kimbers I also replace the mags with Kimber Pro Tac mag and Wilson Combat mags ... zero problems after that...

The super carry pro HD comes with the Kimber pro tac mags witch are great. So would rule out trying new mags!!!

Agree, try higher quality mags ie Wilson, Ed Brown, Chip McCormic, Nighthawk. Also be sure to test your weapon with the same ammo you will use for self defense if this is your personal protection weapon of choice. Some have problems feeding certain hollow points.

I am sure there are YouTube videos on how to polish a feed ramp, you may be able to do it yourself, just do your homework first it's not that difficult. I've done it once back in the 1980's when nearly every Colt 1911 needed it out of the box.

High quality magazines are a must in all 1911's I agree

I have a Kimber Gold Combat and have never had any problems with it. I've had the same Wilson mags for the last 4 or 5 years and they've never given me any trouble. I would definitely try different ammo.