Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Check In Thread For the Weapons Education/SIG Sauer Academy Training Event

Those of us how have a license to carry a concealed firearm (CCW) may find the following link useful:

https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/...ing/plupr.html
    Owner, ThruMyLens

Thanks, I am signed up for the full week. Looking forward to meeting everyone. My hotel is the Fairfield Inn and I have a car for the week. Note: make sure to mention Weapons Education when booking the room. I am bringing my S & W Performance Center Scandium 1911 / 4.25 in. I am going to utilize the ability to use their included gun rentals and test them out.
    Last edited by WhiteWolf; 06-04-2016 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
    Thanks, I am signed up for the full week. Looking forward to meeting everyone. My hotel is the Fairfield Inn and I have a car for the week. Note: make sure to mention Weapons Education when booking the room. I am bringing my S & W Performance Center Scandium 1911 / 4.25 in. I am going to utilize the ability to use their included gun rentals and test them out.
    Thanks! I just sent you an email - I'd like to get your contact information for while we're in NH - please check your email.
    Owner, ThruMyLens

What to shoot right now is the million dollar question. I've used my Glock 19 for all my other training courses and think it's time to run something different. Right now I'm torn between running my Springer 9mm 1911 and a Sig 226 Legion SAO. Almost seems sacrilege to not run the Sig. May also check out some of Sig's other offerings during the week.

--
    Paul

You guys are brave to bring a 1911 to shooting class like this.
    Owner, ThruMyLens

An update for anyone making a Fairfield Inn & Suites reservation: The only way to get the special room rate is to call the hotel directly and ask for the SIG Sauer Academy rate (96.00/night). Marriott reps weren't able to find it when I was speaking with them - I had to call the hotel directly. The rate difference saved me a couple of hundred bucks!

-John
    Owner, ThruMyLens

All - I took the liberty of researching some restaurants in Exeter near the hotel:

Epoch at The Exeter Inn
    90 Front Street,
    Exeter, NH 03833
    603-772-5901

11 Water Street Restaurant
    11 Water St,
    Exeter, NH 03833-2440
    603-773-5930

Tavern At Rivers Edge
    163 Water St,
    Exeter, NH 03833-2424
    603-772-7393

Supreme House of Pizza & Seafood
    134 Front St,
    Exeter, NH 03833
    603-778-8304

Pizza Academy
    159 Front St,
    Exeter, NH 03833-2312
    603-772-5515
    Owner, ThruMyLens

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex John View Post
    You guys are brave to bring a 1911 to shooting class like this.
    Gents - just to clarify, I'm not at all anti-1911. I've been to many training classes and it's been my observation that the the folks bringing 1911's had more problems with reliability than others. Even the most reliable examples of 1911's will be more sensitive to the high round count (and the "gunk" inside the gun that comes with that) than their polymer counterparts. There's also the lower magazine capacity - which means you'll be running over to the reload table a lot more than the other guys, or simply shooting less.

Again, not a knock against 1911's - I love them myself! But just be aware you may be dealing with some challenges associated with the platform.

Now watch my SIG P320 Compact puke after the first magazine is run through it....
    Owner, ThruMyLens

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex John View Post
    Thanks Bob! Any tips for us as a SSA alumni?

I've never before attended SSA, but I do have a fair amount of training under my belt - I maintain a rolling summary on my website here:

http://thrumylens.org/featured/a-sum...sive-training/

Incidentally, I called today and was told that all 5 days would be outdoors.

So what kind of firearm is everyone bringing??
    P226 Legion 9mm, 4 mags. Plan to buy another when I get there.

Awesome thanks! When I booked there was no discount. Will call now.