Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Check In Thread For the Weapons Education/SIG Sauer Academy Training Event

Official Check In Thread For the Weapons Education/SIG Sauer Academy Training Event

If you're registered to attend, please post a reply here. I'm going to be helping Tom with some of the event logistics. My hope is, some of the guys can get to know each other a bit before the big event in three weeks!

If you're not familiar, here's a couple of video's from Tom's channel which announce and explain the event:

https://youtu.be/VfAmkseNdAs

https://youtu.be/I1UIaAkVoYg

To register (there's still a few slots left I believe!) click here:

https://www.sigsaueracademy.com/prod...-special-event

You can email me at: john@thrumylens.org

I am looking forward to the upcoming SIG SAUER Special Event hosted by WeaponsEducation on the 20th. I am a NH resident and live only 30 minutes from the SIG SAUER Academy so this is very convenient for me. I have signed up for all 5 days. I have taken two other SIG training courses in the past and found the experience to be phenomenal!

I signed up for all 5 days as well. It will be my first time running and gunning. Really looking forward to it. Got my ammo and gear ready to go. Blazing thru 2000 rounds on 5 days sounds like fun, doesn't it? Woo who!

I am excited about the trip of a lifetime. I thank John to assist me with coordinating this.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    I am looking forward to the upcoming SIG SAUER Special Event hosted by WeaponsEducation on the 20th. I am a NH resident and live only 30 minutes from the SIG SAUER Academy so this is very convenient for me. I have signed up for all 5 days. I have taken two other SIG training courses in the past and found the experience to be phenomenal!
    That's great Bob - what classes did you take? Indoor or outdoor?
    Owner, ThruMyLens

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponsEducation View Post
    I am excited about the trip of a lifetime. I thank John to assist me with coordinating this.
    No problem Tom - glad I could help!

-John
    Owner, ThruMyLens

I'm also coming up for the whole 5 days. Driving up from CT on Sunday afternoon, so no airport hassles. Very much looking forward to the week, the classes sound like a great sequence. I've taken some other classes with Massad Ayoob and Chuck Taylor's American Small Arms Academy. Hoping to improve on my existing skills.

--
    Paul

Car reserved. Hotel (Fairfield Inn) reservation made. I'll order ammo and have it shipped to SSA next week. We're getting close!
    Owner, ThruMyLens

I took Handgun 102 & 103, both indoor classes. Every drill was a draw from holster starting with basic techniques and ending (in 103) with focus on speed and accuracy. Great experience.

Thanks Bob! Any tips for us as a SSA alumni?

I've never before attended SSA, but I do have a fair amount of training under my belt - I maintain a rolling summary on my website here:

http://thrumylens.org/featured/a-sum...sive-training/

Incidentally, I called today and was told that all 5 days would be outdoors.

So what kind of firearm is everyone bringing??
    Owner, ThruMyLens