Thread: Armed homeless man credited with saving Fresno teen's life in attack

Armed homeless man credited with saving Fresno teen's life in attack

AS I AM A NEW MEMBER WANTED TO START OFF BY A HEARTFELT HELLO AND HOPE EVERYONE'S THANKSGIVING WAS A GOOD ONE I AM INCLUDING THIS ARTICLE BECAUSE IT SAVES TIME I HAVE TRIED OTHER FORUMS AND WAS IGNORED AS WELL AS INSULTED,YES I'M HOMELESS BUT NOT WORTHLESS I DONT CONSIDER MYSELF AS A HERO I'LL RESERVE THAT TO THE MEN AND WOMEN OF THE ARMED SERVICES AND MY BELOVED JOHN WAYNE BUT RATHER AS A GUY WHO DID THE RIGHT THING AS I'M SURE ANY OF YOU WOULD OF DONE MY MAIN GOAL IS TO HOPEFULLY GET ADVICE AND GAIN INSIGHT IN MY UPCOMING CCW INTERVIEW AS WELL AS POSSIBLE SUGGESTIONS AS MY INVOLVEMENT IN ANY PRO GUN ORGANIZATIONS BEFITTING MY PRESENT SITUATION.I'M NOT HERE TO ARGUE OR BRAG JUST TALK,LEARN AND LISTEN I WILL RESPECT YOUR OPINIONS AND EXPECT THE SAME IN RETURN I THINK OF MYSELF AS A MAN WITH GOOD CHARACTER AND A STRONG MORAL FIBER WITH DIGNITY AND THE SAME RIGHTS AS YOU HAVE AND NOT WHAT SOCIETY THINKS THEY CAN ALLOW ME TO HAVE AFTER THE SMOKE CLEARED ON THIS INCIDENT THE SHERIFF TOOK MY GUN AS EVIDENCE AND AM NOW BEING ASKED TO TESTIFY.SO WITH THAT BEING SAID I HOPE THIS WILL BE THE FIRST OF MANY FORUMS THANKS

An armed homeless man is credited with saving a Fresno teen's life in an attack. He believes he stopped a man from beating a young woman to death.
    KFSN
    By Corin Hoggard
    Thursday, August 06, 2015
    FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) --
    An armed homeless man is credited with saving a Fresno teen's life in an attack. He believes he stopped a man from beating a young woman to death.

"I mean he was kicking her hard too, right in the head, and I couldn't just stand there and do nothing," said Paul DeLeon.

An hour later, he got shot. The Good Samaritan lived to tell his tale, and he's sharing it with Action News.

DeLeon is a homeless man who was armed with mace and a gun. He's credited with saving the teenager's life, but nearly lost his own. Fresno County sheriff's deputies are hoping a couple clues will help them arrest the man who hurt them both.

Behind the yellow tape, a parking lot you can't even see from Clovis Ave. is the scene of two attacks, just minutes apart. The trouble started between a man and his ex-girlfriend out in the open, in front of a Tarpey Village liquor store. But as the 19-year-old woman moved to a more secretive spot in the back, her ex followed. Witnesses say he pulled her out of a car, then punched and kicked her so hard, he knocked her unconscious. But the assault didn't go undetected.

"A Good Samaritan, a homeless man who stays in the area, jumped in," said Fresno County sheriff's spokesman Tony Botti.

"I grabbed my mace and I maced him," said DeLeon, the Good Samaritan.

DeLeon acts as a quasi-security guard for businesses in the area and he came to the woman's rescue. But his act of heroism apparently made him the suspect's next target.

"They drove off and he said something like 'I'm going to come back for you,' and he did," DeLeon said.

After an ambulance picked up the young woman, her attacker came back, and this time he had a gun. He opened fire on DeLeon, hitting him in the arm. But DeLeon is a registered gun owner himself and he fired back, chasing the suspect away in a white Lexus.

Fresno police spotted the car speeding down Highway 41 at more than 100 miles per hour and then found it abandoned near Downtown Fresno. The gunman may have gotten away for the time being, but because of DeLeon, he never got to finish what he started.

"He probably would've killed her," the hero said. "I mean, I have no doubt in my mind he wouldn't have stopped. She was out of it and he was still kicking her."

Deputies have a good idea who the man is, but they're not identifying him publicly yet. They also say DeLeon did a great job by intervening, but it's usually better to call 911 to get help.

Hey bro, hi and welcome to the forum. This is an introductory thread so if you want good response you should take articles like this or stories to the proper thread. Hope you like it here. If you don't abuse the forum the people here will all be good to you and we all get along.... Take care, Gunnr
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

THANKS Gunnr I APPRECIATE THE WELCOME AND WILL TRY TO GET THIS ARTICLE TO THE RIGHT THREAD JUST WANTED TO START WITH EVERYTHING ON THE TABLE SO NOT TO BE VIEWED AS I HAVE BEEN ON OTHER FORUMS BUT IF HALF THE PEOPLE ARE AS GRACIOUS AS YOU I'LL FEEL RIGHT AT HOME IN NO TIME THANKS

Rock steady bro. I'm glad you are all right and hope this fool that did these awful things get his and a little more. It's good to know someone with good intentions in Cal. was able to get a gun permit. That one right choice seems to have saved 2 lives.
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

THANKS GUNNR I CAN TELL YOU THE COPS DID MAKE AN ARREST AND DEPENDING ON IF THEY TAKE A PLEA WILL DETERMINE   IF I WILL HAVE TO TESTIFY,BUT RIGHT NOW I AM FOCUSING ON GETTING MY 9mm BACK COPS TOOK IT THAT NIGHT AND LOOKS LIKE IT BE WELL INTO NEXT YEAR WHEN I'LL GET IT BACK BUT HOPEFULLY WITH MY FREQUENT CALLING THEY'LL RETURN IT SO THEY'LL DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME EVERY OTHER DAY.WILL KEEP YOU POSTED

cool bro. I hope you get your property back soon. Good lookin' out tho...
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

I think i can speak for gunnr and myself in sending our heartfelt sorrow to the victims and families and the city of san bernadino,another tragic event where the innocent are lost,and i hope everyone will bow their heads in a silent prayer for those innocent lost souls god blesss them

Quote Originally Posted by FROGDOG View Post
    I think i can speak for gunnr and myself in sending our heartfelt sorrow to the victims and families and the city of san bernadino,another tragic event where the innocent are lost,and i hope everyone will bow their heads in a silent prayer for those innocent lost souls god blesss them
    Agreed, God rest their souls. Now more than ever and I'm sure you can attest to this FROGDOG, one has to be able to protect yourself
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Quote Originally Posted by FROGDOG View Post
    I think i can speak for gunnr and myself in sending our heartfelt sorrow to the victims and families and the city of San Bernadino,another tragic event where the innocent are lost,and i hope everyone will bow their heads in a silent prayer for those innocent lost souls god bless them
    Hey bro, what happened in Calif. the other day has me sad, mad, and wanting everyone to see just how vulnerable this government administration has us. Now the AG is threatening Americans for using the 1st amendment and voicing their pain and anger at the dogs that do evil to others. I'm at a loss for words..... God bless you all and to get past this... Merry Christmas (or what ever form of holiday you celebrate) Let's pray for a little peace on Earth...
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

Well said my friend san bernadino is a few hours from where i live which makes one think how it can happen whereever you live and how important it is to be ready