Thread: Opinions on a good .308

Opinions on a good .308

I bought a marlin rifle back in november and it's been causeing me issues ever since. I'm looking into buying another 308 and could use some opinions on what a good company to buy from. I'm looking at spending no more than $600 and would prefer to stay far away from remington/marlin. I've been looking at the savage series and have heard mixed review's! If anyone has feedback on the savage line or another company that has good quality rifles and customer service I'd appreciate the info.

Also make sure you take a stand on the upcomeing ATF ban on .223 ammo check out savem855.com to make your voice heard.

Hey Blind, how ya doing bro? I have heard some good things about Savage 308 rifles but I have no hands on experience. James Yager has them as rentals for his Rile courses and after 1,000's of rounds and classes say's they hold up really well. If you can take a rifle to Tactical Response and have them praise the gun it has to be good. I'm not sure of the model but with the right scope you can really reach out and touch someone...You could look it up on you tube and most likely find a video on which Savage rifles he recommends.
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

Ruger American rifle comes in .308.