Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often do you carry?

How often do you carry?

I work for the cable company and I was at one of the local policeman's houses the other day and I figured I would ask him a few things on CCW people.

First I asked what he thought of legal CCW people. He said he loves them, and wishes more of them were out there.

I then asked him he disarms anyone on a traffic stop or such. He gave me a strange look and said No, as long as you keep your hands where he sees them when he walks up and tells him you are CCW everything is fine, BUT if he comes up to your window and you do not identify you are a CCW and that you are carrying and he sees a gun, it his attitude changes real fast. First thing he does is start yelling at you to get your hands on the wheel and gets ready to point a Glock 19 at you.

I then asked him how many people he runs across that are CCW and are carrying. He said it is about 1 in 10 CCW people have a weapon on them from what he has seen.

I talked to him about different things for close to a hour when I fixed his problem and he said if you want to get on his good side and you are a CCW you better be carrying when he talks to you.

He then asked ME if I was carrying at his service call and I had to tell him NO because of company policy and it is instant termination if caught with weapon in company vehicle or on work business. He agrees that they need to change the laws a bit for us CCW people. I have a customer that is a Judge and every time I have gone to his house in the last 10 years he has a full sized 1911 on him. His wife said that as soon as he gets done with his shower he puts on his shoulder holster and does not take it off until he goes to bed, and he has done this every day of his life since she knew him.

1 out of 10 CCW people is not good in my opinion. So question is....

How long have you been a CCW and how much do you carry?

I myself have only been CCW for about 7 months now. I live in the country about 15 miles from town that has much of a population. About the last 3 months or so if I go more than 2 miles from the house I have a pistol either on me or in the truck (about the last 2 months it is on me). I do not carry in the house, but if I am out cutting firewood or working in the fields I do have my Glock or a S&W 625 on me. Out of the people I know of that are CCW most of them never carry other than during a trip.

Brother I've been carrying since 2012 in SC. I now have permits in Nevada, Utah and SC. Sending off to get my Fla. permit soon. Paperwork is done just need some (dead presidents). As far as when and where I carry, As soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning until I crawl under the covers at night. When I shower my gun is on the shelf next to my shower. I feel strongly that you should NEVER be with out your firearm as badguys don't care when and where to attack. It is a true fallicy to believe you home is safe enough to go unarmed.
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

Got my FOI card in Chicago but I've been carrying since I moved from Chicago to Phoenix about fifteen years ago. I've expanded my collection but there always seems to be another pistol I want. I carry every day when I walk my GSD in the mornings and keep it on me if I can or it's in the car. Good question Mr. Hillbilly...I'd love to see some more answers. I would imagine everyone carries as often as they can on the forum.
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

I have had a permit for 5 years. I carry every day. I am allowed to carry at work

I am 53 years old, and I have carried off and on my entire adult life. Mostly I just had a gun in my truck and from time to time I would slip it in my waistband as I was getting out of my truck to open a gate at night, or if I was going into a 7/11 that was in a bad part of town.

But after Sandy Hook I made the decision to carry as often as I could. After a little conveniencing from my wife I decided to get legal and get my CHL. Now carrying all day has become an obsession with me.

Actually I am not allowed to carry at work. It is not illegal, but it is against the company rules.

It is probably against this Forums rules to say I carry anyway, but I have two questions I'd ask you.

First of all, isn't it a true statement to say, if you wanted to carry a gun and nobody at work would know, wouldn't you agree with me that it could be done?
    Secondly, if I did carry a gun at work against company rules, I would only pull it out if I needed to save lives. I guess at that point I would get fired. My question is this, do you really thing I would give a rats butt if I got fired, but I was still alive?

First of all, isn't it a true statement to say, if you wanted to carry a gun and nobody at work would know, wouldn't you agree with me that it could be done?

Gary, I agree with you wholeheartedly. What people don't know they just don't know and if it's your business it's just that until you say otherwise or need to draw your weapon. I'd rather argue company policy after a shooting then attend my bosses or worse yet have my boss attend my funeral. Policies can be changed and rules overlooked. Lives once lost are gone forever.
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

I carry every day and have it close by when I'm in the house as well. Where I work employees aren't allowed to have guns inside the building, so I keep my EDC secured in my truck during the day.

At the same time, employees are "encouraged but not required" to challenge anyone inside the building that they don't recognize or don't display a proper employee badge. (We work with some "sensitive" stuff on occasion.) So if a bad guy gets in he/she could well be armed, but not the employees, yet we're supposed to deal with the bad guy. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    ---
    Chilly Bill

I carry my Glock 17 each and every day, and I rarely leave home without it.

I carry all the time. Even at home. For me, carrying is not something you do on-and-off. I get up, get dressed, equip my weapons/tools, and it stays that way until I don't need'em on me. Like a good pair of boots, a hat, or a trusty knife. A gun is not something you carry most of the time. You either do it, or you don't. And I get all the hate and rage that most people get when they say that, but I don't care. It's like going to sea without a life vest, or driving blind.
    Last edited by Akimbo; 12-18-2016 at 05:49 PM. Reason: spelling error

You won't find anyone here not wanting to carry all the time. Thank GOD for our new Commander and Chief that will stick up for our 2nd Amendment.
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bare arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from tyranny in government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-