Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W vs Glock

S&W vs Glock

I'm looking to add another handgun to my collection and could use some feed back on which of the following is the better gun. Both would just be used for fun at the range and if need be SHTF.
    The guns in question are the glock 17 and 19 and the sd9ve from s&w.

Blind, bro I'm sure you know Glocks are built like AK 47's. They just run... through almost anything and parts are plentiful and cheap so fixing them is usually quick and easy. They have minimal parts and are easy to learn too. The S&W is just a newer model Sigma with enough changes to not have to worry or pay Glock like with the Sigma. It is an inexpensive handgun but there are cost cutting measures which affect quality. They are nice guns (I have a SW40VE) Sigma myself and I love it. But my EDC is always a Sig. As for size the G19 is the same as the S&W. If you want a nice compact gun for EDC go with the Glock. If you want to shoot and save some money get the S&W. If you want a full size poly gun go with the G17. It's up to you bro, depending on why you want it and just what you are going to use it for. I like the ergonomics of every gun over Glock but that said it's your choice. Best bet for your money is the S&W the real workhorse is Glock... Peace bro, Merry Christmas, Gunn'r
    IDPA member
    NRA member
    US Army veteran 72-75
    CWP holder
    USCCA member
    Front Sight Director

There is only good and bad, innocent and evil. I am a predator of evil men and I don't assist sheep. I kill wolves -J. Yeager

I was looking at that version of an S&W when I was looking at getting my first gun...did not like the feel of the Glock either.
    I ended up with the Ruger SR40 actually and have had great results with it over the last few years.
    I'm looking at the SigSauer P320C as my next purchase, got to shoot one a few months back and it was fantastic.
    My BUG is a S&W Shield that the Mrs gave me for a birthday present and it's been a trooper as well.
    Gene
    Disarming Victims Doesn't Solve Crime.
    ACLDN/USCCA/IDPA/NRA

Any thoughts on the ruger sr-9?

SR Series

Quote Originally Posted by blindshooter View Post
    Any thoughts on the ruger sr-9?
    The SR9 would be an excellent cchoice, based upon my experience with the SR40 I'd have to say you can't go wrong. The SR40 has been an outstanding firearm for me, I wouldn't want to go any larger for a carry gun, it's been very reliable in the IDPA matches I've participated, it's definitely more accurate than I am. It's shot everything I've run through it, and I like the way it fits and feels.
    Gene
    ACLDN/USCCA/IDPA/NRA

So if you could only go with one gun who would you choose the glock or the sr? I like both myself but the only down side to the sr is unlike glock the sr doesn't have a 33rd mag.

Easy answer...

Quote Originally Posted by blindshooter View Post
    So if you could only go with one gun who would you choose the glock or the sr? I like both myself but the only down side to the sr is unlike glock the sr doesn't have a 33rd mag.
    ...for me, I'd go with the SR. I just don't like the way the Glock fits/feels....they are a running gun that's for sure and have one helluva following.
    ACLDN/USCCA/IDPA/NRA

I dont have experience with the s&w models but glocks just work. I have a 17 gen 4 and it is fantastic.

Banned
    Get the G17. It can hold 18 rounds!

For SHTF I prefer Glocks as there are parts and magazines everywhere