PDA

View Full Version : Rifle question's

blindshooter
11-06-2014, 02:16 PM
When it comes to rifles i'm a bit of a novice so I could use some help with the following question's.

1)If a rifle is listed as haveing a threaded barrel does that mean you can add a silencer to it?
2) Does two inches matter interms of barrel length? A rifle i'm looking at buying is out of stock in a 22inch barrel but is in stock with a 20inch barrel. Both are the same caliber and are from the same company (savage arms) To most these are probably simple questions but like I said i'm a bit of a novice when it comes to stuff like this so any help is appreciated. Thanks

Gunnr
11-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Blind, how are you bro? A threaded barrel is so you can put on a flash suppressor, a muzzle brake OR a silencer. All military style (evil black) rifles are supplied with a threaded barrel. Also the difference in a 20 and 22 in bbl is negligible. Depending on caliber and bullet type you can gain (or lose) velocity with a longer bbl. There is difference in gas powered rifles where an SBR could be out of time because of barrel length so gas ports need to be bigger to get a gun to run right. The only way you would notice any real difference is to compare SBR's (14.5 and shorter) to 16 in and longer rifles. For extra distance you want more barrel but a 20 in or 22 in will work just about the same for you...Peace brother, Gunn'r:cool:

blindshooter
11-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Hey gunnr i'm doing good thanks. It's been a while hows things in your neck of the woods? Thanks for the info it's good to finally get some answers. Trying to find anyone here in NY who knows anything is like finding a lawyer who keeps they'er hands in they're own pockets Thanks again for the info! Let me know if your on youtube or fb it never hurts to know another gun owner.