PDA

View Full Version : Sig P938 vs Sig P290RS

Iwap_Evile
07-20-2014, 10:44 AM
I own both these guns and I think they are both great. I originally didn't like the P290 when I first was handling it. It seems fatter then it really is but after a range trip it grew on me and I have liked it a little more each time I have shot it. I guess I was turned off on this gun by a review done on the gun by a person who handled the gun at shot show and said bad things about it without ever shooting it. That being said after owning it and shooting it I find it to be an excellent CCW gun and highly recommend it

However the P938 I fell in love with immediately. 1911 style ergonomics are awesome. Both guns are about the same size but the p938 is much lighter. it is a little easier to carry the P938 because of the weight difference. Both guns have been flawless and are easy to shoot. The 290 doa trigger took a little getting used to but after the first few magazines I learned to shoot it pretty good. The 938 trigger is sao but a little heavy. Over all I love these guns and would bet my life on them. In the future I will get a Kimber Solo Carry and a Kahr PM9 to compare with Sigs

P290RS
Caliber 9mm
Action Type DAO
Trigger Pull DAO 9.0 lb Average
Overall Length 5.5 in
Overall Height 3.9 in
Overall Width 0.9 (1.1 in with slide catch lever)
Barrel Length 2.9 in
Sight Radius 4.3 in
Weight w/Mag 20.5 oz
Mag Capacity 6 Rounds
Sights SIGLITEŽ Night Sights
Grips Polymer (interchangable) Other materials coming soon.
Frame Finish Black polymer
Slide Finish NitronŽ or natural stainless
Accessory Rail No

P938
Caliber 9mm
Action Type SAO
Trigger Pull DA N/A
Trigger Pull SA 7.5-8.5 lbs
Overall Length 5.9 in
Overall Height 3.9 in
Overall Width 1.1 in
Barrel Length 3.0 in