PDA

View Full Version : Had to pull and use my gun for the first time tonight...

Gunnr
07-08-2014, 06:22 AM
Yes I pulled my gun and yes I shot and killed my nemesis. No it wasn't a bad guy. Yes it was an attacker. It attacked my two dogs and I came to their rescue. It was a 6 ft. long King snake or gopher snake if you will. It bit my pit bull mix and was partly under my front porch (deck type). It was 3:00 AM and I pulled my truck around, hit him with my headlights, hung out the door and let fly with 2 rounds. Distance was about 12-15 feet. I didn't hit him in the head but he was in bits after two hits (I hope) with my Sig P228. He kinda flipped back further under my house so I'll look for what I did exactly when daylight comes. It's kind of freaky having to draw and shoot at any living thing. It was quite a rush and I wasn't sure if it was a rattlesnake or not. I never thought I'd ever have to draw and fire... ever but I did. Make sure you all train and practice. It's not like shooting paper at all. Shooting for real is very different, before, during and after it's all over. Peace all, Gunn'r:cool:

Rich1028
02-08-2015, 06:42 AM
hard to believe that there are no comments about this.
first I'd like to say ..good for you!
how are the dogs?did they get bit?

NorCalChuck
02-08-2015, 06:55 PM
OK . . . I'll comment.
How big are the dogs?
If a King Snake attacked my dogs they would think it was something to play with.
A King Snake certainly can't hurt you . . . . that I know of.

Gunnr
02-08-2015, 08:11 PM
Chuck this gopher snake was about 8 feet long and bit the shit out of my pit bull. Caughthin in the snout and eye. They look just like a rattlesnake and it scaredthe shit out of me as it was 3:00AM , he was partly hidden and the nearest Vet. was 30 mins away (after my dog would have died. It was a shitty night all around as I'm disabled and no way could I get undr my house to confem the type snake I just shot.:cool:

Gunnr
02-08-2015, 08:13 PM
hard to believe that there are no comments about this.
first I'd like to say ..good for you!
how are the dogs?did they get bit?
Yeah bro my pit was hit by the snake but it all ended good. Was a lousy night though...
:cool:

otasan56
02-16-2015, 04:45 AM
Well done, sir.