PDA

View Full Version : Do you carry a back up gun?

Brent
06-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Good idea to have or going overboard?

Gunnr
06-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Depending on where you live or travel and your training it can be a very good idea. You can never have too much protection. You never know when you might need another trained legal citizens assistance in a given situation where you handing off one to them could save the day. Or if you suffer a catastrofic failure of your EDC gun and need to get out of a situation safely. Ankle carry is a given to many guys I know, just in case...:cool:

Brent
06-06-2014, 11:30 AM
I am thinking about buying a Shield and pocket carrying it while my Glock 23 is on my strong side and spare Glock 22 magazine is on my weak side.

Gunnr
06-06-2014, 12:53 PM
I am thinking about buying a Shield and pocket carrying it while my Glock 23 is on my strong side and spare Glock 22 magazine is on my weak side. sounds like a good idea to me. Just be sure and get schooled and train properly in how to use a BUG. The shield is a good go to gun for EDC as well as a BUG. Good choice. By the way the shield is now available without a thumb safety. That makes it the perfect single stack 9mm hand gun. This should really boost sales so get one while they're in stock...:cool: