PDA

View Full Version : Forum Match?

SpringOWeiler
05-29-2014, 12:44 AM
How would you guys feel about doing a forum competition? I was a member at SniperCentral and we had bi yearly online shoots where we'd print out a target and shoot the sequence then take a picture of it and post it on the thread. No prizes, just bragging rights and a bit of fun. I'd happily design one based on the sort of shooting facilities people have access too.

Gunnr
05-29-2014, 12:56 AM
Bro, that sounds like it would be a real kick... I'm in if anyone else is up to it. You should send Tom a PM over at youtube and see what he thinks. Sounds like a lot of fun and a good way for us to meet (sort of) through the magic of the "interwebs"...:cool:

SpringOWeiler
05-29-2014, 01:16 AM
Do you have any range restrictions such as shooting speed, mobility, etc? I'm on a farm so i can do whatever I want; gotta curtail it too the Nazi range rules if most people only have that option. I'll send Tom a msg.

Gunnr
05-29-2014, 08:40 AM
Do you have any range restrictions such as shooting speed, mobility, etc? I'm on a farm so i can do whatever I want; gotta curtail it too the Nazi range rules if most people only have that option. I'll send Tom a msg. Bro, we have an out door range here that we can use for tactical practice if we like or standing and just shooting paper. We also can go out to the BLM in the desert and just shoot any way we like as long as we are 1000 ft from a highway our a home... Set it up how you like I'm one of the lucky ones here. I'm good to go bro.:cool:

MP Gunther
05-29-2014, 06:05 PM
Sounds like fun, I'm in too!

SpringOWeiler
05-31-2014, 11:18 PM
Ok, I'm going to my farm tomorrow to do a little shooting and brain storming. I want to think of something a little more fun then shoot 5 rounds into each of the 1/4" circles. Something a little more dynamic and unconventional. I'll post on here my idea tomorrow evening.

SpringOWeiler
06-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Ok got it and thanks to a little inspiration from Tom and the misfortune of having very few rounds of loaded ammo. This will be a quick draw and accuracy competition. You'll start back at 12 yards away from a printed off target ( http://www.targets.ws/shooting-targets/bullseye-target-3.pdf ) Next you'll use a shot timer (I'm using ShotTimer, Iphone app that has a random start feature to signal drawing from your holster and firing a single round at the target. Try as many times as would like and post a pic of your closest too center with the start too shot fired time. I'll figure out scoring tonight.

Scoring will be 10 points for center ring, 9, points outer, etc. The center of the bullet strike determines what ring you're in. Take the ring hit and multiply it by 10; then divide by your total time.
(Ring Hit Point Value X 10)/(Total Time)= Score