PDA

View Full Version : reloaded ammo

blindshooter
12-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Can you clean ammo that has been reloaded? I bought a bunch of .22 reloads today and some of them keep getting stuck in the bolt. I noticed that they had a gunky substance on them. Is it safe to try and clean off the rounds? If so what should I use?

Gunnr
12-29-2013, 12:02 AM
blind, bro how ya doing? My self I'd hit them one at a time with windex and wipe 'em down with a paper towel to see if it cleans up. If it don't I don't know what to tell you. It's time consuming to do espescially with .22 cal but if it makes the ammo work I'd think it was worth the time. I'd clean the chamber of my gun too. Just a thought. Take care hope all works out for you.... Happy New Year to ya.:cool:

blindshooter
12-29-2013, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the advice Gunnr. happy new year to you too

djono1
12-29-2013, 01:49 PM
If you have a case tumbler you can just put them in there for a while. I know tumbling live ammo sounds suspicious but I looked into it a while back and found out that it's not a problem. Apparently even some ammo manufacturers do it. About a year ago I bought a ammo can full of 45 year old 30-06. The cartridges were covered in a light film of gunk so I put them in my case tumbler for a few hours, came out clean.