PDA

View Full Version : Tactial light or night sights?

lockedandloaded
11-27-2013, 08:22 AM
I shoot the glock factory sights just fine but having the Glock 19 and an option for a light I would like to invest in one. But I also like the XS big dot and the meprolight system. Of course both are ideal but for now I can only have one. So which would you get first? Also which night sight system do you favor?

Gunnr
11-27-2013, 07:29 PM
Bro, for combat sights the XS big dot system can not be beat. As for lights I prefer hand held lights as you can use them without drawing your gun and your gun satys lighter and does not get top heavy or out of balance. Tom has a good selection of flashlights on his sight. Check "em out. Good selection of nice brand lights...:cool:

lockedandloaded
11-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Yeah I'm pretty well sold on the XS big dot sights. Tom does have some nice lights.

GlassWolf
11-28-2013, 01:51 PM
If this is your EDC gun, go with the XS big dots and a hand held tac light. If this is a home defense pistol, I'd go with the XS sights and a rail mounted tac light. When the light is on, you'll have a perfect silhouete of your sight picture. No need for tritium sights, and you get the aded benefit of blinding the hell out of your target.

lockedandloaded
11-30-2013, 08:23 PM
It is my EDC and takes on the role of second home defense gun. I was thinking XS big dot then at night put the light on it, it would never be carried with the light on. I have a hand held light I just like the idea of having the light on the pistol all in one hand.

GlassWolf
12-01-2013, 02:18 PM
It is my EDC and takes on the role of second home defense gun. I was thinking XS big dot then at night put the light on it, it would never be carried with the light on. I have a hand held light I just like the idea of having the light on the pistol all in one hand.

sounds good.

Capt. Frank
12-02-2013, 10:16 AM
The Streamlite TLR-3 combines a bright with a lazer.

lockedandloaded
12-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Yup Yup. Streamlite is definitely the way to go on a light or light laser combo.