PDA

View Full Version : Hello from CT

JeepsRock
11-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Hi,

I'm from CT, and am still awaiting my permit and have yet to purchase my first gun. Will use at the range, for training, and home defense. I'm learning very much towards a Glock 19. Have gone to the range several times with various friends, and shot a variety of pistols. The Glock 19 fits me the best. But, I'm still reading everything I can, while I wait forever for CT to give me my permit. Started over after 3 weeks due to fuzzy fingerprints!!! AARRGH....

Anyway, glad to have joined this forum. Looking to learn a lot here.

Thanks

Robomick
11-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Tom has a lot of great videos on a wide range of guns, take the time and check them out. You can't go wrong with a Glock 19 either, a very nice 9mm.

JeepsRock
11-03-2013, 02:11 PM
I am subscribed to his YouTube videos. That's what led me here. I agree, he talks about things in an intelligent way.

Gunnr
11-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Hey Bro, Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your time here and are able to learn whatever you need to know. If your going to carry concealed the 19 is the way to go. Myself Im not a fanboy of Glock but there is no denying its a popular well used weapon. Many people use and love them. If it fits your hand and you shoot it well by all means go for it. Hope you have an easier time getting your Glock then you did your permit.:cool:

blindshooter
11-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Welcome to the site. What's the process like to get your permit in CT? It can't be nearly as hard as it is here in NY lol.

tdhollingshed
11-04-2013, 11:17 AM
If you end up needing to do finger prints again use some corn huskers hand lotion before you go. Our instructer recommended that because some of the offices are well known for not getting good prints. Worked first time for me. Good luck!

m1ghtysauc3
11-06-2013, 01:30 PM
A Glock 19 is a great choice. I carry one daily.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

WeaponsEducation
11-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Thanks for jumping on board, the Sandy Hook anniversary is coming up, that will be a new gun law battle...