PDA

View Full Version : Situation Awareness

WeaponsEducation
10-30-2013, 08:19 PM
I just did a video on this subject. After all, we can be armed & well trained with the gun, but if we are not aware of our surroundings , nothing matters. What do you think?

Robomick
11-03-2013, 09:56 AM
This also goes well beyond firearms. you can apply this to driving, hunting, fishing, almost everything.

I drive a lot and being aware of my surroundings has saved my ass a few times. You see that guy on a cell phone texting I find myself watching people like that very closely. I try and get myself in a position where his driving behavier will not impact me.

I also find myself using situational awareness at the range. I no longer assume people at the range are properly trained, in fact I go to the range with the mindset that the guy next to my is not trained until I am comfortable with their range practices.

You can almost put situational awareness is the same category as common sense.

Gunnr
05-15-2014, 02:18 PM
There is a color code used and taught by many. I believe Col. Jeff Cooper first started teaching it many years ago. It kind of works like the amber alert system where you see many people around you and by colors know where they as well as you are in your tactical mindset. It goes from totally ignorant to your surroundings (white) through caution (yellow) works to and through threats of danger (red) to the point of the time is NOW aka the point of no return or a firefight (black) Theres other awareness stages too like orange that are for preparedness. But learn and know this, then put it to use in your every day surroundings and after a while your awareness will increase naturally as will your safety...:cool:

Gonnz
08-06-2018, 09:49 PM
Hi! May I know where to view the video you made about situation awareness?

alisamifarooq
03-03-2021, 10:46 PM
Self-awareness seems to have become the latest management buzzword — and for good reason. Research suggests that when we see ourselves clearly, we are more confident and more creative. So the awarness is very important. ~ Ali Sami Farooq