PDA

View Full Version : Proof Zero Tolerance in schools taken too far

norahc
10-04-2013, 09:27 PM
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/23596179/2013/10/02/officer-dropping-off-daughter-at-school-asked

MESA, Ariz. -
He's not the type of armed man on campus you'd expect parents to be concerned about -- but apparently a police officer dropping off his daughter at school was just too scary for some parents in Mesa.

And the school principal actually called that officer to ask him not to wear his uniform on campus ever again.

The issue was that other parents were concerned because he had a gun.

The officer, who works for the Coolidge Police Department, is a parent of a kid that goes to Entz Elementary School in Mesa.

The request made by school officials to not wear his uniform and gun on campus shocked and upset a lot of people.

MP Gunther
10-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Isn't this the most absurd report you've ever heard...well right next to the boy being sent home from school for playing "cops and robbers" and using his fingers to portray a gun. This officer should be going back for what they call a learning moment, but not for the kids but to teach the parents what a police officer does. What is our society becoming?

Robomick
10-05-2013, 08:53 AM
What's this country coming to? Our schools should be teaching gun safety not fearing them.

Seriously...

Gunnr
10-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Thank God his kid wasent eating a pop tart and maybe having it end up looking like a gun ( or mountain shape). SWAT might have been called to handle a terrorist faction taking hostages in a jihad... We the people (patriotic Americans) need to take our country back and then teach common sense to the ignorant and uneducated. Those that can't handle the true American way of life have the freedom to go elsewhere so the rest of us can live the American dream. Remember"life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"? It's time to get back on track... Peace all and in the words of Wild Bill "America bless God again".:cool:

Robomick
10-05-2013, 11:30 AM
I remember growing up (mid 80's) and half the pickup trucks that kids drove to school had gun racks in them. When hunting season came around there were guns on those racks. We had teenagers showing off their shotguns and rifles for show and tell. How far we have come in less than 30 years.

The education system in this country is just messed up. They should totally get rid of the Federal dept. of Education and let the states control their own education system. My local taxes pays for the schools so let the locals run their schools and the Feds should stick with what they know best... nothing. It's run by people who think teaching our kids about global warming is more important than WWII, more important to teach out kids acceptance to other religions and cultures yet push to ban Christmas, more important demonstrate zero tolerance when it comes to guns rather than teach them the second amendment (or any amendment) and teach them how handle a gun. Now we don't want uniform officers to be around the school, what's next a WWII vet not allowed to show up in their uniform?

We will never have Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as long as the Federal Gov't thinks the pursuit of happiness is fair and equal for everyone. Pursuit of happiness is something you need to work for to achieve not given to you in a handout. Remember when taking a handout was looked down upon in our society?

I shall end my rant.. Gunr, thanks for your service to our country.

Gunnr
10-05-2013, 02:20 PM
I remember growing up (mid 80's) and half the pickup trucks that kids drove to school had gun racks in them. When hunting season came around there were guns on those racks. We had teenagers showing off their shotguns and rifles for show and tell. How far we have come in less than 30 years.

The education system in this country is just messed up. They should totally get rid of the Federal dept. of Education and let the states control their own education system. My local taxes pays for the schools so let the locals run their schools and the Feds should stick with what they know best... nothing. It's run by people who think teaching our kids about global warming is more important than WWII, more important to teach out kids acceptance to other religions and cultures yet push to ban Christmas, more important demonstrate zero tolerance when it comes to guns rather than teach them the second amendment (or any amendment) and teach them how handle a gun. Now we don't want uniform officers to be around the school, what's next a WWII vet not allowed to show up in their uniform?

We will never have Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as long as the Federal Gov't thinks the pursuit of happiness is fair and equal for everyone. Pursuit of happiness is something you need to work for to achieve not given to you in a handout. Remember when taking a handout was looked down upon in our society?

I shall end my rant.. Gunr, thanks for your service to our country. Mick, It was a privlige to serve and is an honor to be a vet. I love this country as my mother was stuck in Nazi Germany. She told me how good I had it living in the USA. I want no one to suffer like she did (through her teen years no less) and now my son is in the Nat. Guard to keep us safe in country. I feel one of the most important prerequisets for president is to be a vet. I dont see how you can run a military without any knowledge of the inner workings of the system. Those who never followed orders have no right giving them. I agree with your rant 100% bro. Peace to you all and God love America and keep her safe.

Robomick
10-08-2013, 05:43 AM
Another day, another stupid school and guns story.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/07/12-year-old-rhode-island-student-appeals-suspension-for-gun-keychain/