PDA

View Full Version : Ammo In Georgia

PIT Archer
09-13-2013, 07:52 PM
I am looking into getting a .22lr rifle soon, and after some research I have a question. Where can you find some .22 ammo? I remember last year around this time seeing box's of 500 ammo for $20. Where did all that go? Should I get a different caliber? Or are there different places I can go?

norahc
09-13-2013, 08:11 PM
.22LR is almost impossible to find anywhere right now. What makes it to the gun shops is almost immediately purchased by people that are still hoarding and stockpiling, all the while not realizing that they are the ones causing the .22LR shortage.

My local Wallyworld had .22LR in stock, but was limiting purchases to three boxes of ammo per customer per day.

PIT Archer
09-14-2013, 10:01 AM
So should I stick with trying to get a .22 rifle or should I get a different caliber? I want one that would be good for a beginner, like me, and inexpensive ammo. Partially for my you tube channel, but also for fun. I want something I can take out and shoot, not sit and look good.

norahc
09-14-2013, 10:11 AM
I would get the .22 simply because ammo will eventually come back.

MP Gunther
09-14-2013, 10:25 AM
norahc is right, I've been seeing some 22 coming back in stores too. Give it a little more time on the ammo and get the rifle now...it'll be a good investment and always cheaper to shoot than a larger caliber

PIT Archer
09-14-2013, 11:55 AM
So is buying the ammo online a good idea?

MP Gunther
09-14-2013, 02:31 PM
I do quite often, if it's something hard to find or a [U]good[U] deal on something you my want. I've purchased some hard to find premium ammo on Gunbroker and "plinking" ammo from PrecisionOne. They seem to have a pretty good inventory but there are a lot of very good sites to pick-up ammo and I'm some other suggestions will be made.

blindshooter
09-15-2013, 06:23 PM
.22 ammo is starting to make it's way back into stores it's just going to take a while to bring it back to normal. The .55 rifle is a good gun to have. Here in NY we just got .22 instock for the first time in months suprizeingly it hasen't gone quickly hopefully it's a sign off things to come