PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Rockland Ma

Chef Al
06-19-2013, 07:55 AM
I am a recent retiree, having spent many years as a chef and a call firefighter. I am a freelance photographer. I have only recently returned to shooting, many years away from it. Recently got my CC license, and am training with a nephew who is a certified trainer and a great resource. Expect most of my time to be taken up by family (wife, 4 kids and 8 Grandkids), photography, fishing , shooting and teaching some cooking classes.
I joined this site after watching several of the videos.

WeaponsEducation
06-19-2013, 12:27 PM
We have a lot in common. I love photography. I just got a Canon Mark III 5D & a few L series lenses. I also love to cook with the family. Enjoy the gun forum & channel. Tom

buttsm
10-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Chef Al. I will be visiting from NC late in Oct, is it possible to get together and do a little shooting? Shoot me a
pm and we'll see if we can work out something. This trip will be on short notice if that's a problem. thanks

Gunnr
10-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Al, welcome to the forum from South Carolina. It looks like you have more in common with us here then you would have thought. I myself was a chef for quite a few years having my career cut short by a crippling motorcycle accident in 2011. Enjoy your time here and Im sure you will be able to help others as well as learn from weapons education. Peace, Gunnr:cool:

Robomick
10-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Welcome to the forums!! Photography is fun, feel free to share some of your photos on the site!!

Hydromojo
12-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Wow that's a lot of spamming...toastmaster express???💥💥💥👎.

Robomick
12-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Welcome to the forums!!

Tessaro1911
12-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Joseph Tessaro, I am new to this forum. I am a gun enthusiast, I love 1911's when it comes to a favorite platform for semi-auto pistols, but have to say I love almost everything that shoots a bullet.

I have a few 1911's, I came here to post occasionally, and to read what people think on certain 1911's.

My favorite 1911 that I own is an Ed Brown Special Forces that I had custom made with features I wanted. OD green frame, black slide, no markings on slide, match grade barrel cut flush to barrel bushing and crowned, slide stop recessed, non-ambi safety, 3lb trigger...in my opinion the best 1911 one can purchase.

Everyone has their own preferences, likes and dislikes, having owned a host of 1911's over time, I would highly recommend Ed Brown over all of the high end manufacturers out there.

I am intrigued by CSC arms, a fairly new company to the table. I haven't had the opportunity to examine, hold, or shoot one, but from what I see they look like a player in the higher end market.

I have owned 2 Springfields, 2 Wilsons, 3 Kimbers, 1 Smith & Wesson, and a Colt. Out of all the 1911's I have owned, I still own a Kimber Raptor II and my Ed Brown :)

MP Gunther
12-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Welcome to the forum Joseph. I've read some posts about other custom manufactures of 1911's but a little out of my range or I'd be in divorce court. I love to shoot too, some vintage, revolvers and modern HK's. I think you'll find the forum interesting and maybe we'll all come away with some more knowledge