PDA

View Full Version : Lcp

tdhollingshed
05-25-2013, 05:18 PM
What are some thoughts on the lcp as a edc deffensive weapon? I know it is a small gun. However if it was someones only option it is better than nothing. Also what type of ammo would be best for it and why?

GlassWolf
05-26-2013, 01:59 PM
well yeah, rule # 1 of weapon safety. Carry one.

I tried the LCP and didn't like the feel of it in my hand, and the trigger is terrible. There is a company who makes new trigger parts for the LCP that improves the feel of it, but it's easy to spend $100-200 on the trigger parts. Try one, see if YOU like it. That's what's important. I'm only offering my impression. A lot of people love the LCP and LC9, although if you do go LC9, remove the mag disconnect feature. It's dangerous.
Personally, I ended up buying a Beretta Nano 9mm instead for Summer EDC.

Ammo for .380, I'd go with Speer Gold Dots, or Federal HST.

tdhollingshed
05-26-2013, 03:36 PM
I am hearing allot about the gold dot. Right now it is a matter of shooting what you can get. Currently I have a small amount of federal hydrashock. What is so great about gold dots that everyone is talking about them?

GlassWolf
05-27-2013, 08:10 AM
Federal HST and Speer Gold Dots. go to youtube, and search on the name, caliber, and "gel test" and see.
like "gold dot .380 gel test." Watch the videos by "TNOUTDOORS9" he has some fantastic test videos for nearly all defensive round ammo in various calibers.

they have some of the best spread and penetration for their size. I use gold dot 124 +P, and HST 147 gr for my 9mm handguns.