PDA

View Full Version : Update on gon control bill

blindshooter
04-11-2013, 06:15 PM
I'm not sure if this is true or not but here in NY the media is reporting that there will be no assault weapons ban. If this is true does it mean that we will start to see more ammo comeing back on the market?

Robomick
04-12-2013, 06:12 AM
Probably not. I will say I was shocked when I walked into a local sporting store and found tons of .223 ammo for sale. They also had a lot of military style rifles (again, I hate the term assault rifle) at a reasonable price.

It really comes down to when people stop hording the ammo. As we have talked before on here, the ammo that is hardest to find is for the guns that are not being talked about for legislation (9mm and .22lr). One thing that will probably happen is the prices will never be what they were before.

Keep searching.

blindshooter
04-12-2013, 06:03 PM
They need to work on stores chargeing to much for ammo. For example there is a range about 10min's away from me that charges $40 for a 50rd box of .45acp. Yet if I go an hour outside the city I can get the exact same box of ammo for half price.

Robomick
04-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Yea, a lot of retailers making bank. Around here the honest retailers are out and the "profit seeking" retailers always have .45acp in stock. I'll be supporting the honest retailers when all this calms down. You sure find out who the honest retailers are in times like this and who we should always be support.