PDA

View Full Version : AMMO ALERT - Ft. Lauderdale AMMO GANGS!?!??!?!?

TheTacDaddy
04-08-2013, 03:25 PM
I had never heard of such a thing, you?!

http://youtu.be/XeCPdGuGiC0

Robomick
04-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Up here it's not uncommon for people to be waiting for deliveries at any store. Most of the retailers here have put a limit on how many rounds you can purchase.

I can see how this could be a problem if you have 10 people buying their max. Reselling and taking a nice markup is very common these days, not only for individuals but also businesses are doing it. It's a simple supply and demand issue where if people are willing to pay it then they'll keep doing it.

MP Gunther
04-10-2013, 07:59 PM
I think you right on with this problem. I've got a Walmart on my way to work and have stopped on occasion to check on ammo, more than once I've seen the same faces...if their hording or reselling is debatable but this problem has definitely cut into my range time. 22lr just isn't out there!

Robomick
04-11-2013, 05:45 AM
Man, I haven't seen 22lr for a long time. Funny how the ammo for the firearms not under attack is the hardest to find.

flw
04-11-2013, 01:39 PM
In Illinois, the only thing that slow this down is the requirement to have a FOID card (Firearms Owners Identification Card). If you don't already have one, you cannot buy a gun or ammo. So it does slow it down, in this one case. It keeps Joe blow (non gun owner) from piling up and buying out ammo to resell rather than to use.

After the manufacturer, distributor and the retailers, there is no more room to add on profit. Its becoming economic discrimination with too many middle men all wanting 50% or more ROI.

funkymonkey1111
04-23-2013, 05:50 PM
I think you right on with this problem. I've got a Walma
rt on my way to work and have stopped on occasion to check on ammo, more than once I've seen the same faces...if their hording or reselling is debatable but this problem has definitely cut into my range time. 22lr just isn't out there!

Wonder if they see the same faces when they look your way?