PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Oklahoma

tdhollingshed
03-29-2013, 05:17 AM
New to gun forums. Going on 70 days since I applied for my ccl. My understanding of the law says they have 60 days. I have been told when I ask the status that is taking at least 90 days. Any ideas on how to hold their feet to the fire on this? Also will be using a tuckable holster. What are some polite but effective ways to answer if someone sees a bulge in your belt line or a belt clip?

Robomick
03-29-2013, 10:15 AM
New to gun forums. Going on 70 days since I applied for my ccl. My understanding of the law says they have 60 days. I have been told when I ask the status that is taking at least 90 days.

I would just wait until the 90 days. There are a lot of people applying these days and I know here they are backed up with all the new permit applications. After that, just do ask nicely on the status.

As far as the bulge in your belt line, be responsible and wear clothing that doesn't show anything. Nothing good will come from people who can tell you are carrying a gun. If people are asking you then you need to address your choice of clothing while carrying.

tdhollingshed
03-30-2013, 05:36 AM
I spent about half of my time in dress slack, shirt, and tie situations. Blousing the shirt a little covers the bulge pretty well but sometimes the black belt clip shows some. Will people pay enough attention to notice that, and if so what can be done about it?

Robomick
04-01-2013, 10:45 AM
My instructor pretty much said it to us like this. If you're going to carrying a gun then your cloths that you purchase should be purchased around the gun with conceal in mind. There was a good topic about it on The Sportsman Channel talking about clothing to wear for CC. You could try and check the network out online and see if you can find something. I wish I would have remembered the show it was on but it pretty much talked about what your concerns are.

It was a Monday evening show.