PDA

View Full Version : Welcome from Minnesota

Robomick
03-14-2013, 01:30 PM
I'm 43 years old and my wife and I started to get into handguns about three years ago. I have become a HUGE 1911 fan after purchasing my Ruger SR1911. We enjoy spending a lot of time at the range and it's become our favorite hobby that we do together now that are kids are older and most are off to college.

I also enjoy reloading and I've found myself starting to get into collecting. We've also been thinking about looking into Cowboy S.A.S.S

I'm a member of the NRA and I stay up to date with all the crazy gun laws in our state. I'm also very active in contacting members of our legislature to make sure my voice is heard.

Thanks!
Robomick

smjson
03-31-2013, 07:16 AM
Howdy, I'm from Minnesota too and I try to contact our liberal senators monthly about 2nd amendment rights and new gun laws. Is there a particular way you contact them and how do you approach them. My state rep is a solid conservative gun rights guy, so he is a big plus.

Robomick
03-31-2013, 05:10 PM
I usually send them a monthly Email. Our two Senators are so far left but Franken is up for election next year so maybe we can get that dude out of office.

My new congressman is Walz who wasn't my elected Congressman. I had Kline but lost him after they did the redistricting here, so I'm starting to send Walz emails and he does have an A rating from the NRA. He is not on record as far as gun bans or mag bans that I have read but we will continue to put the heat on him.

Local guys are all pro gun for me. Then we have our great Gov, what a joke.

I see you're from Jordan, I know the area very well. My wife is from New Prague.