PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Wisconsin!

dean112263
03-13-2013, 07:30 PM
My name's Dean and I live approx. 25 mi. south of Green Bay.

Looking to buy my first handgun for home defense and initial weapons training for my daughter (she's going into law enforcement career after college) who is a lefty. So ambidextrous is helpful, though not a deal breaker.

Been burying myself in YouTube and picking the brain of some co-workers/friends of mine that are gun enthusiasts. Finding a lot of helpful people and being a relative newbie (haven't shot a firearm since my Dad's .22LR and 12 gauge Remington since the 80s).

Haven't been able to purchase first gun yet due to current fam. budget, but hoping very soon to get a 9mm. Haven't test fired any guns yet. But so far the hand / sight/ field strip tests are narrowing field to Beretta 92FS & PX4 Storm, Springfield XDm, S&W M&P 9.

Once I make the initial purchase, looking to get myself and my daughter through an NRA Intro Pistol class at local range. (used this channel's link to save $10 to join NRA, daughter's signed up too).

Really got into WeaponsEducation's channel. He's no-nonsense and full of helpful facts. I only subscribe to channels like this one (e.g., CrucibleArms, Sootch00, Hickok45, The Nutnfancy Project, TheBudgetArmory1, IraqVeteran8888 and MrColionNoir are my main channels).

Looking forward to diving into the forum!

-Dean

Robomick
03-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Welcome, I am also new to the forum (just yesterday). I really like the PX4 Storm and it would make for a nice choice. If your daughter has small hands check out the Bersa Thunder, my wife really enjoys shooting it but it's a little small for my hands.

Good luck and Welcome!!