PDA

View Full Version : Conceal carry with Glock 20

spider22
03-06-2013, 07:53 AM
I am thinking of applying for a concealed carry permit and I own a Glock 20 and a ruger P85. Any suggestions on how I can conceal these? I have seen reviews on the Crossbreed Supertuck and I know they make it for these pistols but I have yet to see any reviews done with anything with the size of the G20. Am I wasting my time and money investing into a holster like this for these handguns or should I invest in a more compact handgun like a Ruger lc9, S+W shield or something like that?

Iwap_Evile
03-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Those are mighty big guns for ccw but many people do it and it can be done with the right holster and clothing. The weight of these guns could be an issue and the grips are long so you will need to cover them well so they don't print to much

spider22
03-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the response. I think I am going to hear that this is kind of a big gun and the weight might be an issue for a comfortable carry. When you say with the right clothing leads me to believe that it would be more cost effective to invest the money into a smaller pistol rather than a bunch of new clothes to allow me to conceal this weapon. Hopefully someone else will chime in with some suggestions.

norahc
03-06-2013, 06:16 PM
My EDC for the past two years has been a G20SF in a Crossbreed Supertuck, and I've never been spotted by a customer wearing it. After the first three months, I only noticed it when I wasn't carrying it. I wear pants that are one size too big, and leave my exterior shirt untucked. This set up has recently allowed me to add a G29SF in a Crossbreed Quick-Clip on the other side (yeah, I carry two guns daily) - being fat does present some certain advantages. :D

Weight is an issue, especially if you don't have a good, sturdy belt to support it. My belt is a law enforcement trouser belt of the type designed to be worn under a duty belt and it supports the weight without issue.

A guy I work with is pretty skinny and carries a G20 in a Supertuck also, and he occasionally prints but it has more to do with how he dresses than his body size.

AR10
03-06-2013, 07:47 PM
I own a G20, and hiding this handgun under clothing would be an issue in warm weather. I keep this gun with me almost always, but do so by putting it in stuff, like a shirt, inside a box, inside something I have with me. At work, it is out, and ready to roll if need be.

MP Gunther
03-06-2013, 09:19 PM
The Crossbreed is a really nice rig, good advise for comfortable carry.