PDA

View Full Version : Leaver vs bolt action

blindshooter
02-27-2013, 01:07 PM
In your opinion what kind of rifle is better for a day at the range bolt or leaver action?

norahc
02-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Depends upon distance and caliber.

Personally, I don't own any bolt actions but have 3 lever actions. There's just something about them I find appealing.

GlassWolf
03-09-2013, 03:42 PM
In your opinion what kind of rifle is better for a day at the range bolt or leaver action?

pros and cons to both designs. lever action is faster to reload, and typically won't require you to change your position, grip, etc. The bolt action will be more accurate at longer ranges, due to having fewer moving parts.

spider22
03-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Bolt action because of the accuracy it delivers. Some people will argue that levers are better for hunting because they are usually shorter and lighter which makes them a little easier to carry but a heavier rifle should keep the recoil down a little which will make it more enjoyable to shoot.

norahc
03-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Levers are usually more ambidextrous than bolts, too.

MP Gunther
03-11-2013, 07:09 PM
For a "day at the range" I'd go bolt and get some exercise in walking out to that 200 yard marker

flw
04-10-2013, 10:42 AM
I like the idea of lever action vs bolt but I must be the only person in the world that it bothers the backside of my hand (between the knuckles) . I've tried the lever actions on two different new rifles but both bothered me.

norahc
04-11-2013, 09:29 PM
I like the idea of lever action vs bolt but I must be the only person in the world that it bothers the backside of my hand (between the knuckles) . I've tried the lever actions on two different new rifles but both bothered me.
Have you tried wrapping the loop in leather?