PDA

View Full Version : Front sight training in Nevada

Gunnr
02-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Hey guys, Im all excited by the fact I was invited and got a job application to go to Front Sight and train for a job. This would be a dream come true. A job I could really love and will be always learning as well as teaching. Im going for my 4 day class in March. I cant wait. Wish me luck guys.... Please? Peace Im outta here, Gunnr

MP Gunther
02-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Good luck Gunnr, they have a lot of people through there every month. I heard it's a good facility

Gunnr
02-17-2013, 01:28 AM
Thanks bro. They tell me theres around 30,000 people a year training there.;)
Good luck Gunnr, they have a lot of people through there every month. I heard it's a good facility

Gunnr
03-30-2013, 08:07 PM
Just got back from Front Sight last Fri. and I'll tell you that is some intense training.It was 4 days of gun handling either dry practice or live fire about 8 hrs a day with 2 lectures each day. I really loved every minute there and learned a boatload from some of the nicest most patient instructors you would ever want to meet. This is truly THE place to go if you want to be better then you thought you ever could be. Great facility, great time, great location.... I will be back there before long. Peace all, Gunnr

smjson
03-31-2013, 07:12 AM
Just got back from Front Sight last Fri. and I'll tell you that is some intense training.It was 4 days of gun handling either dry practice or live fire about 8 hrs a day with 2 lectures each day. I really loved every minute there and learned a boatload from some of the nicest most patient instructors you would ever want to meet. This is truly THE place to go if you want to be better then you thought you ever could be. Great facility, great time, great location.... I will be back there before long. Peace all, Gunnr

So you must have taken the 4 day defensive handgun course? I am looking at taking that course next September when I drive my daughter to college in Santa Fe, NM. It's just a few more hours to Las Vegas from there. Would you recommend the 4 or 5 day defensive handgun course for beginners?

MP Gunther
04-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Hey guys, Im all excited by the fact I was invited and got a job application to go to Front Sight and train for a job. This would be a dream come true. A job I could really love and will be always learning as well as teaching. Im going for my 4 day class in March. I cant wait. Wish me luck guys.... Please? Peace Im outta here, Gunnr

Any luck Gunner, I heard they added some instructors

Gunnr
04-01-2013, 11:12 PM
I went the way of about 95% of the first time applicants. I didnt get though the testing on the first day. They put me in the 4 day course and Im going back in Aug. or Sept. to take the ID class again and get hired this time. Every single Instructor I talked to had to take the class twice so I dont feel to bad about not making it the first time. There were 29 guys in the class and only 11 were hired. The previous class in Feb. only 3 got through.
Any luck Gunner, I heard they added some instructors

Gunnr
04-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Bro, they offer 2 and 4 day classes. The 5 day is just the 4 day with a class for CWP on the 5th day. You have the class and test then apply for permits in 3 states. They are Nevada, Florida and I think Utah. That way you have reciprosity in at least 30 states and are pretty well covered anywhere you might travel. I recommened the 4 day course for everyone. This will have you shooting better and knowing more then 98% of all people that carry and shoot. This includes military and LEOs. Nobody goes home feeling left behind or left out. If you feel you didnt learn anything or your shooting did not improve while there you just have to tell them that and they refund your money. Believe me you wont want or go for a refund. All you will want to do is go back and learn some more and just keep shooting.Have a good time when you go.
So you must have taken the 4 day defensive handgun course? I am looking at taking that course next September when I drive my daughter to college in Santa Fe, NM. It's just a few more hours to Las Vegas from there. Would you recommend the 4 or 5 day defensive handgun course for beginners?

MountainSeaDog
05-06-2013, 10:30 AM
I attended my first Front Sight training (the 5-day defensive handgun and CCW course) in 2008 and became a lifetime member with free access to all their courses, including basic and advanced pistol, shotgun, rifle, edged weapons, etc. The training is top notch. Only one word of caution: Be very careful to stay hydrated during the training courses. The site is located in an arid desert area about equidistant between Las Vegas and Death Valley. The courses are not excessively difficult if you are in reasonably decent shape and they provide plenty of water, but you need to take full advantage to avoid excessively stressing your body and losing training effectiveness. I saw one person who needed staff EMT attention on the third day because he pushed himself too hard and didn't keep his electrolyte levels up. The instructors keep close tabs on everyone's condition, though, and they have several who are also trained and certified EMT's to address any physical problems that might come

Gunnr
05-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Hey guys, I just locked myself in for the ID course one more time in Sept. I can't wait to get back there. For now my life is one word... PRACTICE

MP Gunther
05-13-2013, 09:24 PM
The best of luck to you Gunnr, I hope you get in so I know someone when I take a class one day

Gunnr
05-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Thanks bro. Im working hard and daily on all my tecniques and hoping for the best. When you go you will not be disappointed. This place is number one no doubt about it.
The best of luck to you Gunnr, I hope you get in so I know someone when I take a class one day

flashback
08-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Hey Gunnr,
Hello from a fellow USCCA brother....cool to read about your experiences with FrontSight...got the Mrs and I 'Ambassador' memberships earlier and just haven't had a chance to get out that way yet but knowing we can can take a number of the classes anytime is pretty cool. I have talked to one other local guy that's been there and his shooting has definitely improved much faster than mine has so there must be something there. Hope we can meet ya there some time and maybe you'll even be our instructor!
G.

Gunnr
11-12-2013, 10:49 PM
Hey guys, Im leaving in 8 days for Front Sight for my second chance at an instructor. Taking the 4 day class starting Nov. 22. Wish me luck... peace all.:cool:

flashback
11-13-2013, 09:14 PM
Hey guys, Im leaving in 8 days for Front Sight for my second chance at an instructor. Taking the 4 day class starting Nov. 22. Wish me luck... peace all.:cool:

Good Luck Bro! Wishing you the best!!!
Gene

Robomick
11-14-2013, 09:47 AM
wow, this is the first I've heard of this place. I need to go see what all the talk is about.

Gunnr
11-14-2013, 05:47 PM
wow, this is the first I've heard of this place. I need to go see what all the talk is about. Bro, it's 550 acres with 50 ranges and mountain ranges. They teach hand to hand, edge weapons, handgun, shotgun, rifle, select fire rifle (M16), sub machinegun (uzzi) CQB Shoot houses and much more. It is really like a resort for shooters and family. Just google Front Sight or Dr. Ignatius Piazza. It's a bit costly but thre are deals all the time. They have 1200 students a week go through and you WILL come out shooting better then 95% of all gun owners in 4 days. Peace Mick, let me know what you think. Any questions? just PM me. I'll let you know whats up in more detail...:cool:

flashback
11-17-2013, 03:31 PM
Got out to Vegas for the SEMA show but traveling with others and being tied up with the show stuff kept me from exploring a few other things I would have liked to but now I am a bit familiar with the area and looking forward to making it back out there in the future for a trip to Front Site.
Gene

Gunnr
01-16-2014, 07:09 AM
Hey Gunnr,
Hello from a fellow USCCA brother....cool to read about your experiences with FrontSight...got the Mrs and I 'Ambassador' memberships earlier and just haven't had a chance to get out that way yet but knowing we can can take a number of the classes anytime is pretty cool. I have talked to one other local guy that's been there and his shooting has definitely improved much faster than mine has so there must be something there. Hope we can meet ya there some time and maybe you'll even be our instructor!
G.
Flashback Bro, how you been? Its been a while since Ive been on this thread but on my last trip to Front Sight I was sick and didnt get thru the ID class again so for Christmas I got my wife and I Legacy memberships then at the new year I was offered a great deal on a Diamond membership and upgraded. Now I can go train or if I make it thru the ID course I can work and train forever. Being an Ambassador you can teach in your hometown right? Sounds like a good way to spread the love and make a buck. Hope to see you there some day soon...:cool:

flashback
01-17-2014, 08:14 PM
Flashback Bro, how you been? Its been a while since Ive been on this thread but on my last trip to Front Sight I was sick and didnt get thru the ID class again so for Christmas I got my wife and I Legacy memberships then at the new year I was offered a great deal on a Diamond membership and upgraded. Now I can go train or if I make it thru the ID course I can work and train forever. Being an Ambassador you can teach in your hometown right? Sounds like a good way to spread the love and make a buck. Hope to see you there some day soon...:cool:

Still consider myself a 'student' so the teaching stuff is still down the road :) I did add the 'H' to my Ambassador level so we can stay for free :) as well. Hope we can get out there soon.
Gene

Gunnr
01-18-2014, 11:22 AM
Still consider myself a 'student' so the teaching stuff is still down the road :) I did add the 'H' to my Ambassador level so we can stay for free :) as well. Hope we can get out there soon.
Gene
I got the offer to upgrade to the (H) but I just bought a home in Pahrump so I don't think I'm going to need it...LOL I think I'm going to spend my retirement shooting.... It's like a dream come true.:cool:

flashback
01-18-2014, 08:10 PM
I got the offer to upgrade to the (H) but I just bought a home in Pahrump so I don't think I'm going to need it...LOL I think I'm going to spend my retirement shooting.... It's like a dream come true.:cool:

Oh man....Congrats on that!!! I am soooo jealous! We'll definitely have to meet up with ya out there!
Gene