PDA

View Full Version : Sad story of the day.

m1ghtysauc3
01-31-2013, 02:52 PM
So my best friend of 25 years calls me saying he's going out of town for a week and would feel better having a gun. He wanted to know if he could borrow a pistol. Since I regularly carry my other hand guns, I agreed to let him borrow my Springfield MC Operator. This guy's been like a brother to me since we were 5 years old and he served our country in Iraq. No cause for concern, right? That week has turned into 2 weeks. On day 8, he assured me he was coming home the next day. Day 10: coming home the next day. Day 11: no answer. Day 12: no answer. Still no answer as I'm typing this. In my research (talking with his family and people who know him), it's been discovered that he's developed a drug dependency (what?). I'm beginning to suspect he never left town. I drove past his gf's house and she's clearly home (he claimed she went with him). His car is in his driveway but no one answers. He's probably staying at her house. This all is just mind-boggling. The results of banging on the door of a drug addict demanding my gun has CNN story written all over it. This definitely has me thinking of who a person can trust. I don't know this man at all. I'm thinking it's in the local pawn shop and he's stalling until he gets the money to get it out of pawn. In my eyes, it's stolen. But in the eyes of the law, it's just my word against his. He can say I gave it to him. I have the NRA insurance but I'm not sure how that would work here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

norahc
01-31-2013, 03:34 PM
Report it stolen before it gets used in a crime and you are involved in the aftermath.

MP Gunther
01-31-2013, 07:37 PM
WOW! I was taught to NEVER EVER lend or give your gun to ANYBODY no matter what...your responsible. I wish you luck in getting it back with out incidence.

m1ghtysauc3
02-01-2013, 08:58 AM
I was able to get it back this morning with some persuasion. And I've always had the philosophy that if there's someone in my life I can't trust with a gun, they shouldn't be in my life. Unfortunately, it took this to realize as much.

norahc
02-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Glad you were able to get it back without going to the police.

Did he need a little of this? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YzWKUQZLSU

m1ghtysauc3
02-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Glad you were able to get it back without going to the police.

Did he need a little of this? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YzWKUQZLSU

Lol gotta love Hank. The call to his mother did the trick. That's just sad. I've pointed him in the direction of the help he obviously needs.

MP Gunther
02-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Glad things worked out

funkymonkey1111
02-01-2013, 08:55 PM
neither a lender nor borrower be.

AR10
02-05-2013, 02:54 PM
In my state, if you both don't have a hand gun permit, to transfer between each other, even a spouse, instant three hots and a cot, if you get caught.

Never lend anyone, anything if you can help it, and borrowing the same way. Be self sufficient, and require others to so as well, especially with firearms.

funkymonkey1111
02-05-2013, 05:12 PM
In my state, if you both don't have a hand gun permit, to transfer between each other, even a spouse, instant three hots and a cot, if you get caught.

Never lend anyone, anything if you can help it, and borrowing the same way. Be self sufficient, and require others to so as well, especially with firearms.

well, thank God we don't live in your state

blindshooter
02-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Bad move on your part. I understand the guy was your best friend but unless the guy was going to the range I wouldn't have given him the gun.

m1ghtysauc3
02-06-2013, 02:15 PM

We both have a concealed carry permit, so yeah.