PDA

View Full Version : What happend to the NRA

blindshooter
01-15-2013, 07:42 PM
As some of you may know by now late last night a bill was passed here in NY to not only ban assault weapons but to take away mags that are more then 7rds. Looks like bloomberg and gov quomo finally got they're way. However that doesn't bother me so much as what the NRA did. NOTHING!!! all the talk that was made about keeping the bill from getting passed never happend to all us gun owners here in NY it seems like the NRA just ran away. I can't predict the future but if it's anything like what happend in NY last night the rest of you might want to stock up on ammo as quick as you can. I support the right to bare arms always have and alway's will. However it's hard for me to say the same about the NRA right now.

MP Gunther
01-15-2013, 08:50 PM
It's SHTF time! I'm in AZ and we still enjoy our freedoms...for now. I tried going to the gun show over the weekend and the prices on ammo have just skyrocketed, the fire marshal had to close the doors because it was over capacity. You can't even find 22lr or 9mm at Bass Pro and it's only just begun.

norahc
01-15-2013, 09:03 PM
From the sounds of how this was rammed through the NY legislature, I'm not sure there was much the NRA could have done. It sounds like one of those oh dark thirty deals that nobody knows about until after it's done.

That being said, I fully expect to see this challenged in the courts.

GlassWolf
01-16-2013, 07:17 AM
As some of you may know by now late last night a bill was passed here in NY to not only ban assault weapons but to take away mags that are more then 7rds. Looks like bloomberg and gov quomo finally got they're way. However that doesn't bother me so much as what the NRA did. NOTHING!!! all the talk that was made about keeping the bill from getting passed never happend to all us gun owners here in NY it seems like the NRA just ran away. I can't predict the future but if it's anything like what happend in NY last night the rest of you might want to stock up on ammo as quick as you can. I support the right to bare arms always have and alway's will. However it's hard for me to say the same about the NRA right now.

Understand that the NY legislature snuck this entire gun control package through. It was drawn up in secret, in backroom deals, then presented at 20 minutes till midnight, and pushed through quickly, without public hearings or announcement. It, as a result, passed with a vote fo 34 to 18 in favor.

The NRA had no say in this because the Democrats have wised up to what Americans really want, and are reduced to these tactics to push their agenda in spite of popular public opinion.

blindshooter
01-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Rumor has it that down in AZ you guys can open carry? If so I'd say enjoy it why you can because if One Big Ass Mistake America (OBAMA) has is way you may not have that right much longer

blindshooter
01-16-2013, 10:33 AM
I'm not the smartest person when it comes to politics but it should be against the law to pass a bill so fast and secretly

Gunnr
01-16-2013, 12:06 PM
As I hear it County sheriffs have the last say in all laws concerning guns. They should grow some balls in NY and stand against these anti gun rules by all forms of anti american govt. unless they agree with them, then you're F'd

norahc
01-16-2013, 06:57 PM
As I hear it County sheriffs have the last say in all laws concerning guns.
Source for this claim?

blindshooter
01-16-2013, 07:10 PM
I'm not sure what state you are from but here in NY that's not how we do thing's and not all areas of NY have a sheriff. Hear in NY if you live in the city your protected by the NYPD but if you liv upstate depending on what township your in you have your own sheriff unit. Either way in NY state whatever law is passed by the govener is what all law enforcement agency's have to go by. However there are different rules for owning a gun in the city and upstate. If you liv in the city your allowed to bring your gun all over the state of NY no problem. But if you live upstate your not allowed to bring your gun into the city. Not only do we have the toughest laws we also have the dumbistlaws

funkymonkey1111
01-17-2013, 03:27 PM
a law so stupid it didn't exempt the fuzz.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Fnew_york&id=8958116

but then again, why should they have any more capability than the citizen?

norahc
01-17-2013, 08:15 PM
LE shouldn't have any special exemptions. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Gunnr
01-17-2013, 11:46 PM
I'm not sure what state you are from but here in NY that's not how we do thing's and not all areas of NY have a sheriff. Hear in NY if you live in the city your protected by the NYPD but if you liv upstate depending on what township your in you have your own sheriff unit. Either way in NY state whatever law is passed by the govener is what all law enforcement agency's have to go by. However there are different rules for owning a gun in the city and upstate. If you liv in the city your allowed to bring your gun all over the state of NY no problem. But if you live upstate your not allowed to bring your gun into the city. Not only do we have the toughest laws we also have the dumbistlaws

Wow man, I really feel for you. Thats got to suck. The city is forced to go along with that anti gun crap is bad. With Bloomberg as mayor Im sure hes jumping up and down after such overbearing restrictions on all of your self defense rights. Hope and pray that massive intelligence comes to NY before the next elections. Peace and good luck in the future....:(

Gunnr
01-17-2013, 11:53 PM
Source for this claim?
I honestly cant remember the sherriffs name right now but ther are 3 at last count in Oregon and as I heard it maybe a few more that have written up local laws that will over ride Fed. gun restrictions in their respective counties. Its been in the news so I guess you could google it for more information. They still have to go through channels and votes to go into force (I think)

norahc
01-18-2013, 07:54 AM
If you are referring to Sheriff First laws, only 3 states have proposed them and none have passed yet.

My point on challenging your source was that a lot of people believe this without realizing it doesn't exist.

I do know of several sheriffs that have stated they will refuse to enforce such laws, but that is different from having the last say in all laws concerning guns, or of requiring federal agencies to obtain the sheriff's permission first.

GlassWolf
01-18-2013, 09:12 AM
Second Amendment down, Now the First is gone, too.. Say good bye to the Bill of Rights under the Obama Administration.

When viewing this video, please remember, King Obama has already granted Secret Service protection to himself for LIFE, and he can assign SS agents to anyone at his whim, meaning that anyone to whom he assigns an agent is protected from peaceful protest, lest the protester can be arrested and charged with a Felony for speaking his mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKjy0PDlKV4

Gunnr
01-19-2013, 03:06 PM
If you are referring to Sheriff First laws, only 3 states have proposed them and none have passed yet.

My point on challenging your source was that a lot of people believe this without realizing it doesn't exist.

I do know of several sheriffs that have stated they will refuse to enforce such laws, but that is different from having the last say in all laws concerning guns, or of requiring federal agencies to obtain the sheriff's permission first.

I saw a few sheriffs that claimed they were going to see to it present gun rights were not infringed on and 5 states are involved with the firearms freedom act. SC being one of them claim that basically Fed. law involving any new gun control will not fly.

norahc
01-19-2013, 04:52 PM
I saw a few sheriffs that claimed they were going to see to it present gun rights were not infringed on and 5 states are involved with the firearms freedom act. SC being one of them claim that basically Fed. law involving any new gun control will not fly.
True, but that is still a far cry from your previous comment about sheriff's having the last say in all laws concerning guns.

Gunnr
01-20-2013, 11:02 AM
True, but that is still a far cry from your previous comment about sheriff's having the last say in all laws concerning guns.

I understand what you were getting at now. The sheriff thing is some rule that they dont enforce any Fed. laws and as far as gun control by the feds they dont have to enforce them. The interview I saw was with a sheriff named Meuller (spelling?) in Oregon. Sorry if I spoke out of turn. Im still a little confused by what these sheriffs are doing but if its to protect us they have my full support.

norahc
01-20-2013, 10:07 PM
I understand what you were getting at now. The sheriff thing is some rule that they dont enforce any Fed. laws and as far as gun control by the feds they dont have to enforce them. The interview I saw was with a sheriff named Meuller (spelling?) in Oregon. Sorry if I spoke out of turn. Im still a little confused by what these sheriffs are doing but if its to protect us they have my full support.

No worries. I was just trying to correct an erroneous assumption a lot of people make. And these sheriff's absolutely deserve our support for taking a stand in this matter.

Iwap_Evile
01-20-2013, 10:49 PM
In Utah every sheriff but one signed a letter to President Obama that they would not enforce gun control laws that they deem to be unconstitutional. The letter also states that they would not support federal enforcement of unconstitutional laws

Robomick
03-16-2013, 07:42 AM
I think I'm going to McDonald's and ordering a Big Mac with a large fries.

I will only have a 12oz pop.