PDA

View Full Version : Gun control

JEFFXL12
01-11-2013, 08:57 AM
I am writing this because this is how I feel and everyone should also.

We should just be trying to protect the 2nd amendment. I have seen Tom and other's talk about show the Constitution and some have actually read it. They giveaway books on our rights as Americans. But yet you stand by and watch our rights get trampled over by our last 2 president's. Illegal wiretapping, indefinite detention of AMERICANS etc. They (Washington) have already took away the 4th & 5th amendment with FISA & NDAA. Now that our 2nd amendment is in jeopardy, the NRA and us gun owners are in a petition signing, calling Washington, emailing politicians like its the end of the world. People in America only think of ourselves and if it isn't directly intended for us, we leave it alone. Thats wrong. Instead of running your mouth off on why the 2nd amendment means to you and your family. WE THE PEOPLE need to talk to everyone that is in the middle and anti-gun and STAND up for ALL the amendments. Not just for the 2nd.

Oh by the way. I do own guns. A bunch. and yes I have done my share plus some of yours to protect all our rights. Instead of just one

Any comments, feel free to cuss me out or discuss this further.

Jeff

GlassWolf
01-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Firstly, your grammar and spelling are atrocious. I could barely follow some of what you tried to convey. Secondly, do not attempt to tell me what I should think, or do, or that if I don't do as you do, I am in some way doing something wrong. That said, I have contacted my Federal and State representatives by mail and phone, and voiced my thoughts on a number of issues. I have also contributed to lobbying organizations to do the same on my behalf. I have attended demonstrations, and will attend the one coming in 8 days. The reason we concentrate on the second amendment here is because this is a FIREARMS forum, so it is applicable to our shared interest, and the topic of this forum. If you want to support other portions of the Constitution, feel free, but do it where such things belong, which is on forums dedicated to those topics.

I don't go to pro-life forums and start ranting at the members about their duty to fight drunk driving. It's off-topic, and does not apply to that context.

blindshooter
01-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Right on GlassWolf! Btw nice quote at the end

JEFFXL12
01-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Yeah, so much for trying to write something in a rush. Thanks for pointing that out lol. This is the right forum to bring up other rights that are being stripped from us slowly over the last 12 years. The 2nd amendment holds the others together. Without it we would be screwed. All I was trying to say was. We need to stand up for them all. I remember the last 12 years while our rights are being chipped away. I warned the 2nd was next. People thought I was crazy.

yeah my grammar sucks. I will try to be better. If 9/11 highjackers had pistols. I honestly think we would have had a ban on pistols a long time ago.

GlassWolf
01-14-2013, 08:42 AM
and if passengers had pistols, we would not have had 9/11.

I think I've posted this before, but just in case, here it is again:

JEFFXL12
01-16-2013, 12:37 PM
and if passengers had pistols, we would not have had 9/11.

I think I've posted this before, but just in case, here it is again:

You're exactly right. If the passengers were armed, we wouldn't have 9/11.I agree with that 100%

Broseman05
01-16-2013, 06:28 PM
I received an email from some antigunners / sheep that follow the media and Obama, I have heard many good arguments for our 2nd amendment, and this was the reply I sent them. I believe that many people need to make the argument made about England and the patriots when this great country was founded.

Here is my message.

You anti gunners are part of the problem, we wouldn't have the country we have today, to have this argument, if free men, had not been brave enough to leave England, *establish the colonies, and fight back against a tyrannical government, similar to what is seen today. Arm the patriots with muzzleloaders and deer rifles, and arm England with semi and fully automatic weapons. England would have won the war, and we would Not have this great country we live in where you have the freedom to fight this argument. There should be no democrat or republican, conservativeor liberal when it comes to our right to keep and bear arms, only pro gun free men, and would be slaves. That is exactly what we will turn into, if you trust the government to be the only ones with guns. This tragedy is just that, a tragedy, but what has been done right now, this very day, to prevent another shooting, nothing! No law will stop an evil man from doing evil things. John Lanza committed many felonies that day, did any of those laws stop him? No, and to think another one will is ludacris. Drugs are banned, but run rampant in the streets, when we fought in the Vietnam war, the Viet Cong were supposedly disarmed, as in the French revolution, anyone with knowledge of machining can make a firearm. Criminals will alway have guns, stop trying to remove the only chance we have to defend our selves against criminals. Our president has armed gaurds, our senators have armed gaurds, our pharmaceutical manufacturers have armed gaurds, power plants same thing, now why do they need protection with firearms, but civilians don't, let alone our children, the most vulnerable people in our society? I strongly encourage you to re evaluate your agenda.

MP Gunther
01-16-2013, 08:10 PM
http://youtu.be/lYoZ1kvQglo

A little something on REAL gun control

GlassWolf
01-16-2013, 09:53 PM
keep in mind that when gun grabbers use statistics for the UK they compare total numbers for England to total numbers for the US.. not per 100,000 people.. because to do that would show that our gun violence is nearly as low as theirs, and substantially lower when you eliminate all suicides and gang-related shootings.. and the UK has twice the violent crimes per 100,000 people as the US.

That said, I'm also tired of hearing about "Nobody NEEDS an AR-15." The fact is, this isn't about NEED. It's about my RIGHT to have one, which is guaranteed to me by the Constitution.